IPC-HDW5831R-ZE missing 40% of cars in intrusion box

Dobiwallah

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, I have this IPC-HDW5831R-ZE pointed om my road gate with 2 intrusion boxes set up, The camera is only registering about 60% of the cars coming by over the road. I tried one intrusion box, but that was the same. Then I split the intrusion box in 2 parts to see if the sensitivity would increase. But it is still the same. Is the processor in the camera too slow, or is there any option to increase the sensitivity of the intrusion box?

Camera.JPG Camera4.JPG Camera3.JPG Camera2.JPG

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The main issue is that is not an ideal MP/sensor size ratio.

An 8MP should be on a 1/1.2" sensor or larger and this camera is on more like a sensor that is for 2MP camera, which generally means the processor is the same as well, so it is potentially working 4 times harder than it was intended.

Make sure your intrusion box is set to appears and crosses.

Another issue is the camera needs time to see the object and decide if it is something that meets the criteria. That is a fairly tight angle and depending on the speed of the vehicle, the camera may not process it.

Change to H264, CBR, and drop FPS to 15 and match the iframes to 15 as well and see if that gives enough freeboard on the CPU to start triggering.

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The 5 series the IVS trigger in this installation position is not very sensitive.
Because the response distance is too short.
If the speed is too fast, it will be missed.
You need to install the 7 series.
For example, IPC-HDBW7842H-Z
Use "Video Metadata" capture rate will be greatly improved.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Change to H264, CBR, and drop FPS to 15 and match the iframes to 15 as well and see if that gives enough freeboard on the CPU to start triggering.

^^^^^
THIS.
I havent seen anything good about using H.265 or VBR on Dahua cameras

I would also try one Intrusion box and one zig-zag tripwire layered. I have good luck with this setup.
Also think 3D on your IVS rules. Try "laying the box flat" so to speak.

IVS-TripwireandIntrusion.jpg