IPC-HFW1831E - Actual bitrates showing higher than configured

mrc545

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I recently deployed a pair of IPC-HFW1831E's (one 4mm, one 6mm), running the 190404 firmware. I set them to the highest bitrate available (11264kbps) running CBR (see screenshot), but they are lingering between 14000 and 19000 kbps per Blue Iris. Anyone know what could be causing this? Maybe it's actually glitched on VBR even though I saved the configuration as CBR? When B&W kicks in after sunset, they'll settle down to low 14000's, but during day time they'll shoot back up.

I'm not complaining, as I much prefer a higher bitrate and have plenty of storage available. Just wondering if anyone knew the reason why it was doing this. Extremely pleased with the cameras overall and will be ordering more from Andy to replace some of these older 2MP cams.

dahuaconfig.png

kbonnel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am experiencing something also strange with the HFW1831EP camera I just installed. I am running the firmware 2.622.0000000.18.R, Build Date: 2019-01-09, which came with the Camera. I have it set to CBR, 8192Kb/S, and in Blue Iris (5.0.1.0 x64) the reported Bitrate jumps from the mid 400kB/s up to 2400kB/s There doesn't seem to be any reason for why it drops to 400ish and then up to 2400. Though, it seems to normally stay in the sub 1000 most of the time. This is the first 8mp camera, the rest being 2MP starlites and 4mp hikvision cubes. All of them have a constant bitrate that never really changes.

mrc545

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This is the first 8mp camera, the rest being 2MP starlites and 4mp hikvision cubes. All of them have a constant bitrate that never really changes.
I forgot to mention that as well. I have 17 total cameras up at the moment, with a variety of different mfgs. Hikvision, Amcrest, Foscam, Grandstream, etc. All of them hold steady on the bitrate per BI. The only other ones that don't are the POS Reolink cams that I bought before I knew any better. They will be getting replaced when I work out my next Dahua order with Andy.

kbonnel

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I came across an interesting find (at least to me). If I select H.265 / 8192 bitrate, it stays very constant within BlueIris. (apprx. 1100kB/s).

I still have the same issue when I try any of the H.264 profiles, most of the time I get no video in Blueiris at all, or within the builtin webpage of the camera.