IPC-HFW1831E live view

ipslascam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any IPC-HFW1831E owners who can confirm whether live view in a web browser works for them? I have another Dahua mini camera where live view works fine, so I was surprised that this camera seems to be different. Thanks!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you using internet explorer to view?
If so, and it's still not working, click on the windows start menu, scroll down to near the bottom, Find the Webpluginxxxxxx, uninstall each, and then restart IE, then navigate to the camera, and it should prompt to download the new webplugin. Do so, and you should be in business.

ipslascam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Are you using internet explorer to view?
If so, and it's still not working, click on the windows start menu, scroll down to near the bottom, Find the Webpluginxxxxxx, uninstall each, and then restart IE, then navigate to the camera, and it should prompt to download the new webplugin. Do so, and you should be in business.
Thanks - I got it working in IE. Any reason this camera would only work in IE but my Dahua mini dome from the same era works with any browser?

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks - I got it working in IE. Any reason this camera would only work in IE but my Dahua mini dome from the same era works with any browser?
Different firmware and hardware capabilities.
Typically, most cams need IE to be able to configure them properly.
That will hopefully change next year as they upgrade firmware.