IPC-HFW2831T-ZS 2.622.0000000.4.R Build Date: 2018-04-17 Firmware ?

Reaction score
Hey,

I am looking for the 'IPC-HFW2831T-ZS 2.622.0000000.4.R Build Date: 2018-04-17' firmware to use with my 8MP cameras. I understand it is an earlier version of the firmware and may cause issues but I am looking to use the cameras for a non-surveillance application and would like to test the maximum bitrate of the firmware. I have already asked my local distributor about doing the downgrade of the firmware which they can do using the serial port of the cameras.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Stelios.

Attachments

Reaction score
Thank you iTuneDVR!

The build date of the firmware is close enough.

Do you have a copy of the firmware or do you know somewhere online where it can be downloaded?

Thanks again for your help!

Reaction score
Thank you!!!!!! :)

It is great that you have copies of the earlier firmware! If you have any other versions suitable for the IPC-HFW2831T-ZS, that have a customized bitrate higher than 15.104, Mb/S please let me know as I would like to test them? This will give me an opportunity to evaluate the visual quality of the video recording when using the higher bitrates.

Thank you again, and have a great day!

Stelios.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
All for you ;)
P & PN version
General_IPC-HX2(1)XXX-Sag

I think max bitrate is cuted & you need get videostream inside. One cool man do this. Or it possible in oem special firmware.
Maybe it can will be work if change config or some setting files. Firmware is signed. Need patch kernel & rebuild firmware.
It's hard but possible.
Maybe dahua ipc not for your task & you need something else ;)

Reaction score
Wow! Thank you VERY much!!! :)

Accessing the direct stream would be interesting as a test of the true quality of the camera.

If he posted an article online, I certainly would be interested in reading about his approach and results?

The local Dahua distributor said that they are willing to do the downgrade of the firmware (if the camera is Dahua branded thus not an OEM version) but I will also research the downgrade process to see if I can do it myself. I have asked Dahua if they can provide me with a high bitrate firmware but they have yet to provide me with any firmware.

You are right that there are better cameras than IP cameras for my task (TV show), but we have a limited budget and this seems like a cost-effective way to be able to shoot multi-camera night vision footage, although it is taking a bit of research, testing and tweaking to make it work effectively. :)

Thanks again!

Stelios.

iTuneDVR

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Wow! Thank you VERY much!!! :)
;)

If he posted an article online, I certainly would be interested in reading about his approach and results?
No, it's for his own needs
Hi develop some software & embeded it to firmware. For some model.
Better find ipc with necessary characteristics

Downgrade from what firmware version & oem brand to ...?

Reaction score
No problem, sounds like an interesting project!

Yes, that is why I only considered cameras that were 3k/4k@25/30fps. There are higher quality IPC cameras but I am limited by how much of the budget I can spend on the setup.

I have 1x branded Dahua camera and 3x VIP Vision cameras (same camera as the branded Dahua camera but OEM).

I'm converting from V2.800.0000000.2.R and V2.622.0000000.8.R to hopefully 2.622.0000000.4.R (or similar that has the higher bitrate).