IPC-HFW3449T1-AS-PV Camera

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello All
Just wondering if any members here has this camera and how do you like it.
Please let us know.
Regards.
Chewie

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have one and it serves a purpose. It is primarily an active deterrence camera to sound an audible alarm/message and flash red/blue sirens.

I find it to be a great overview camera, but we see too many here get one and install it on the 2nd floor and complain that they cannot IDENTIFY anyone - that isn't the camera's fault, it is the location - any 2.8mm camera installed on the 2nd floor is not going to IDENTIFY a stranger.

But if you install it at a proper location to IDENTIFY with a 2.8mm, then it will perform similar to another 2.8mm on the same MP/sensor ratio.

When I tested inside, the red/blue strobes were blinding bouncing off all the walls. I was surprised that outside the red/blue strobes were not more noticeable. For as blinding as they were inside, outside you really cannot see them unless looking at it. Certainly no light bounce off my neighbor’s house that I was hoping for. Without my floodlight, they are more noticeable, but still not detectable unless looking up at it. I run this camera with the white light off so that the red/blue strobe isn’t blinded out by it.

Many think that the active deterrence cameras are gimmicky. I find them as another tool in the toolbox or I wouldn’t have previously purchased two of them 8 months apart (although those are not the red/blue strobe version). I like that they can basically be two-way talk; many people may be scared away once the automated alarm or voice-over turns on; and with Blue Iris, I can now have cameras on the side of the house trigger these alarms before they make it all the way around the house.

In the right location with enough ambient light at night, I think the full color camera performs slightly better than my other active deterrence. The camera will work with just its white light, but the coverage zone is fairly small then unless you run slower shutter speeds. Keep in mind, that since this camera doesn’t have IR, you need a light source or use the camera white light that is either on or off. If you do not have enough light or neighbors would be complaining about the white light the camera emits all night, then the other active deterrence with IR is probably the better fit.

If you are going to go with a 2.8 or 3.6mm camera at a specific location anyway, I think it makes sense to have one or more active deterrence cameras on the property for the additional capabilities it provides. You can always turn the active deterrence off if not needed, and then turn on once you have a need for it.

With some home automation to trigger these, I think one of these would also be incredible inside a home. Like I mentioned, inside these lights are blinding and someone busting into a house and be presented with an eye full of these will not want to stick around long. Plus they will be temporary blinded and will bounce into everything, giving you time to catch up to them.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have one and it serves a purpose. It is primarily an active deterrence camera to sound an audible alarm/message and flash red/blue sirens.

I find it to be a great overview camera, but we see too many here get one and install it on the 2nd floor and complain that they cannot IDENTIFY anyone - that isn't the camera's fault, it is the location - any 2.8mm camera installed on the 2nd floor is not going to IDENTIFY a stranger.

But if you install it at a proper location to IDENTIFY with a 2.8mm, then it will perform similar to another 2.8mm on the same MP/sensor ratio.

When I tested inside, the red/blue strobes were blinding bouncing off all the walls. I was surprised that outside the red/blue strobes were not more noticeable. For as blinding as they were inside, outside you really cannot see them unless looking at it. Certainly no light bounce off my neighbor’s house that I was hoping for. Without my floodlight, they are more noticeable, but still not detectable unless looking up at it. I run this camera with the white light off so that the red/blue strobe isn’t blinded out by it.

Many think that the active deterrence cameras are gimmicky. I find them as another tool in the toolbox or I wouldn’t have previously purchased two of them 8 months apart (although those are not the red/blue strobe version). I like that they can basically be two-way talk; many people may be scared away once the automated alarm or voice-over turns on; and with Blue Iris, I can now have cameras on the side of the house trigger these alarms before they make it all the way around the house.

In the right location with enough ambient light at night, I think the full color camera performs slightly better than my other active deterrence. The camera will work with just its white light, but the coverage zone is fairly small then unless you run slower shutter speeds. Keep in mind, that since this camera doesn’t have IR, you need a light source or use the camera white light that is either on or off. If you do not have enough light or neighbors would be complaining about the white light the camera emits all night, then the other active deterrence with IR is probably the better fit.

If you are going to go with a 2.8 or 3.6mm camera at a specific location anyway, I think it makes sense to have one or more active deterrence cameras on the property for the additional capabilities it provides. You can always turn the active deterrence off if not needed, and then turn on once you have a need for it.

With some home automation to trigger these, I think one of these would also be incredible inside a home. Like I mentioned, inside these lights are blinding and someone busting into a house and be presented with an eye full of these will not want to stick around long. Plus they will be temporary blinded and will bounce into everything, giving you time to catch up to them.
Hello wittaj
I thank you for this information, I also have a few active deterrence cameras, I am happy with it them, I only have one of them active for siren alarms for the front door of my house, is funny watching the amazon guys jump when the alarm comes on.
To bad this camera does not have IR.
Regards.
Chewie

Reaction score
Hello,
which camera would you prefer?
IPC-HFW3449T1-ZAS-PV or IPC-HFW3441T-ZAS?
Thank you for answer:)
Hello everybody. I´m also looking for some insights on those 2 cams.
Thanks in advance to anyone that can give some info

roaoro

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Looks like 2 completely different cameras. One has deterrent features, one doesn't, but has a varifocal lens. So depends on your needs.