IPC-HFW5231E-Z firmware update

Bubs

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
any Idea where I can get firmware update bought it from Andy

virtua.jdub

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just received my cameras from Andy as well. 2 out of the 3 cameras are behaving strangely. One of the cameras in particular did not even register with Smart PSS properly (the model and serial number did not display). The IVS function of the camera were also not available. I'm also having difficulty formatting the SD card from the Smart PSS software.

virtua.jdub

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I ended up loading the Firmware probably 3 times per camera. It turns out the SD Card was impacting the camera. I'm not sure why, but the SD Card was getting corrupted adjusting the encoding from H265 to H264 and/or formatting the card from inside the camera's software. I ended up having to separate software to reformat the cards, as they were being locked to read only and the capacity was reading as 48 GB instead of 64GB. In any case, I ended up just removing the SD Cards altogether, and now the cameras are showing up in Smart PSS properly.

My problem now is trying to figure out how to get the PC NVR software to record off the cameras....I've followed the guides Dahua Wiki and Youtube, followed to a T, and my cameras are not recording anything to the PC NVR (allocated disk space).