IPC-HFW5442E-ZE Factory Reset now NVR will not find the camera.

UmDaMan

n3wb
Reaction score
My NVR Model: NVR5208-8P-4KS2E FW: DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000003.1.R.200813
IPC-HFW5442E-ZE FW: V2.800.0000000.17.R Build Date: 2020-06-20
IPC-HFW5442E-ZE FW: V2.800.0000000.0.R Build Date: 2019-05-21

So I wanted to do a factory rest on my camera with the build 2020-06-20 Because since after I upgraded my NVR from a July 2019 build to the latest current build, my camera plugged into Port 1 with the 2020 build fw, disconnects every 3-5min. The camera is unusable due to this. The camera with the 2019-05-21 build has no problems. The NVR Logs have the following:

Network disconnected.
User Logout
User Logged in
3-5min later I get again the following:
Network Disconnected
User Logout
User Logged in

this happens 24/hrs every.

So before messing with the firmware on the camera with the issues, I figured i would do a factory reset first. But after doing that my NVR will NOT find the camera again. I rebooted. I unplugged, rebooted then plugged back in. I enabled Plug-N-Play and then plugged in the camera. Nothing, it never finds it. The ONLY way the NVR will now find the camera, is if I initialize it with the toolkit, then assign an ip of 10.1.1.65. Its like the NVR has that IP stored somewhere. Because I do know if I swap like port 3 with Port 5, the NVR will no longer connect to those cameras, unless of coarse I changed the IP to match what was originally in that port.

Anyone experience anything like this?

Dramus

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So before messing with the firmware on the camera with the issues, I figured i would do a factory reset first. But after doing that my NVR will NOT find the camera again.
Of course not. When you did a FR it reset the camera's IP address to the out-of-the-box default: 192.168.1.108.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes but if you plug a factory reset camera into a PoE NVR it will auto discover it and assign it an IP in the 10.1.1.x range and a port of 1,2,3 etc as long as you dont try and manually add it

UmDaMan

n3wb
Reaction score
Right for some reason it's not doing this. After factory reset of the camera I plugged into Port 1, left it there for 5-10 min. Nothing happens. Never discovers any new devices. I've refreshed many times, and it never shows that it found the camera.

Yes but if you plug a factory reset camera into a PoE NVR it will auto discover it and assign it an IP in the 10.1.1.x range and a port of 1,2,3 etc as long as you dont try and manually add it

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Hmm.. and I just swapped ports from #1 to #6 and it found it... took a few minutes.

Maybe reboot the NVR with it plugged in?

Dramus

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes but if you plug a factory reset camera into a PoE NVR it will auto discover it and assign it an IP in the 10.1.1.x range and a port of 1,2,3 etc as long as you don't try and manually add it
Ah. This I had not known. Thanks for the enlightenment :thumb:

UmDaMan

n3wb
Reaction score
On my first attached image you will see 3 & 5 RED, as I swapped the ports. I waited and nothing changes. Its like each port is looking for the camera with the IP that you see listed on each port. Port 1 original was 10.1.1.65.

I did finally get it to find the camera, I forgot my IP on my NVR was a 0.x so I changed it to a 1.x then it found the camera. But it never initializes it automatically.

I initialized manually and it gave in an IP of 10.1.1.128
If I try to init and assign an IP that was assigned on port 1 before (10.1.1.65) it gives me an error. "Initialize: Failed Modify IP: Failed (9:peer device response timeout)

So I'm not sure if this latest firmware has some bugs or what. I know it should not be this hard to add the camera.

My other issue is if I can't get this camera to INIT properly basically I will loose the ability to connect directly to the cameras. As you can see all those other cameras I had to add manually and they are all assigned port 37777 vs PORT1,2,3,4,5 which is what they were before I upgraded the NVR firmware. So that is actually another issue I'm going to have if the only way to add this camera back is manually.

Hmm.. and I just swapped ports from #1 to #6 and it found it... took a few minutes.

Maybe reboot the NVR with it plugged in?

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, port 37777 won’t work.

Are you moving them from top pane to bottom manually? That’s usually why u get the 37777 instead of port 1,2,3

shouldnt need to init any of them from the NVR interface. Can you unplug all but 1 and put it in port 1 and show what the reg page looks like ? One at a time till the first one gets a green light and shows is on a port #1

Assume cameras are all set to dhcp and gateway on cam is 10.1.1.1 - the internal PoE switch

Also the red indicator usually means the NVR password is different than the camera. So you have to use the edit icon (pencil) to tell the NVR to use the right pass for the camera. Typically with factory default cam it will assume the NVR password and show green.

UmDaMan

n3wb
Reaction score
After I upgraded my NVR firmware and finding the disconnecting issue with Cam1, I did a factory reset on the NVR to see if that issue with CAMERA 1 would go away. When I did that my only option was to add all the cameras manually as they were not adding automatically. So that is why I figured I would try 1 camera the one with the disconnecting issue and reset to factory. To see if it would add automatically and assign PORT1 for the port #.

I also unplugged all cameras except #1. Same crap. Never adds automatically. That 2nd image is what it looked like with just the 1 camera plugged in. At the bottom 2-5 all red because the cams are disconnected.

In regards to the RED when swapped, 100% sure its not a password issue. So the switching of the ports could be because the cameras were assigned an IP by the NVR, vs having DHCP on, on the cameras. Becuase if I switch back to original port, then will then go green.

Yeah, port 37777 won’t work.

Are you moving them from top pane to bottom manually? That’s usually why u get the 37777 instead of port 1,2,3

shouldnt need to init any of them from the NVR interface. Can you unplug all but 1 and put it in port 1 and show what the reg page looks like ? One at a time till the first one gets a green light and shows is on a port #1

Assume cameras are all set to dhcp and gateway on cam is 10.1.1.1 - the internal PoE switch

Also the red indicator usually means the NVR password is different than the camera. So you have to use the edit icon (pencil) to tell the NVR to use the right pass for the camera. Typically with factory default cam it will assume the NVR password and show green.

UmDaMan

n3wb
Reaction score
I have deleted them all from the bottom list. Now they all just show up on the top section. They do not automatically move below. Also the one that I did the factory reset isn't even showing up anymore.

I'm almost thinking it might be time to go back to an older firmware, to see if the same issues exist. Something doesn't seem right. The original firmware I had on my NVR, adding cameras was a very simple process.

Delete them from that window once all unplugged

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Agree it should be simple.

Read the PSA but seems like you get it. They should move by themselves using refresh at bottom. Sometimes takes a while. Ive had them take 30 min. Though most in just a minute or 3

UmDaMan

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to let it sit for an hour. On the NVR itself I do not see a refresh, only on the web interface. So maybe I will get lucky and they will get moved to the bottom. If not something for sure is wrong with this current FW release.

Agree it should be simple.

Read the PSA but seems like you get it. They should move by themselves using refresh at bottom. Sometimes takes a while. Ive had them take 30 min. Though most in just a minute or 3

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes the web interface is what Im referencing I havent used the machine interface since the day I set it up. The web interface is actually better when you get familiar with it. Some things arent even available on the machine GUI

UmDaMan

n3wb
Reaction score
OMG! It's 100% NVR firmware related! FW: DH_NVR5XXX-4KS2_MultiLang_V4.001.0000006.0.R.210208.bin No good. I even updated the problem camera to General_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.800.15OG004.0.R.201203.bin, and that did not fix the disconnecting every 3-5min.

I decided to go back to one of the other FW's Build 11-29-2019. I removed the cameras from the bottom, and they all got auto added within seconds! Now PORT1, 2,3 etc.

Also I have been watching it for about 15min now, and the camera on port1 is no longer Disconnected and reconnecting! So just solved 2 major issues by going back to a previous firwmare.

I'm surprised no one else has had any issues yet with that FW that was just released.

Yes the web interface is what Im referencing I havent used the machine interface since the day I set it up. The web interface is actually better when you get familiar with it. Some things arent even available on the machine GUI

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Glad to hear that did it. I’m always way behind on updating fw for this very reason. Dahua sucks at firmware so I wait a year or two if ever to update, if needed due to some breakthrough functionality.

UmDaMan

n3wb
Reaction score
Glad to hear that did it. I’m always way behind on updating fw for this very reason. Dahua sucks at firmware so I wait a year or two if ever to update, if needed due to some breakthrough functionality.
Yea the other issue from my July 2019 build which is what I had before updating, all the other FW's that I tried to go that were newer than July 2019 something happened with the HDMI output. I no longer get a video on my monitor that uses an HDMI to DVI adapter. But works on monitors that that have an HDMI port vs a DVI which I then needed to use the HDMI to DVI adapter. I tried 4 different monitors that only had DVI and VGA inputs. I went from the 2019 build to the newest one out, and thought my system bricked, because just a black screen. Then I tried the VGA output and was like what the heck. So thats when I started trying older versions. to see if I would get a video using the HDMI to DVI adapter. I dont have my the BIN for what came with my NVR. So I guess i'll stick with this 11-29-2019 build for some time and stick with this other monitor that has an HDMI input. Not really what I wanted to do.

One other issue with any version past July 2019, on the NVR on View 8, you could normally double click the large image, and it would bring it to full screen. That does not work on any firmware after my original. Thats a bummer. Because that is a good feature. Now it just flashes and nothing happens. But other view 9 with all the small views, those work when you double click them they go full screen.

But man that was a LOT of wasted time today.

Last edited: