IPC-HFW5442H-ZHE EU availability

andre__x

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
I need to replace a HFW5231EP-ZE camera and reading around I've seen that the IPC-HFW5442H-ZHE seems the best fit, buuut I don't see it available anywhere.
Do you know if this is a temporary shortage or...?

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hi all,
I need to replace a HFW5231EP-ZE camera and reading around I've seen that the IPC-HFW5442H-ZHE seems the best fit, buuut I don't see it available anywhere.
Do you know if this is a temporary shortage or...?
In Europe this cam is available, but they use sometime little different ID (like 5442HP-ZHE-*S3).. I always search for '5442 S3' in webshops...

Andy also have this cam by DM - I wait now for delivery of exactly this model (in both zoom ranges)...

andre__x

n3wb
Reaction score
In Europe this cam is available, but they use sometime little different ID (like 5442HP-ZHE-*S3).. I always search for '5442 S3' in webshops...

Andy also have this cam by DM - I wait now for delivery of exactly this model (in both zoom ranges)...
Thanks for your reply. I've tried looking for a different code (like the one you suggested), but there are just a few. And the price? WOW, 370€!
4 years ago I've paid the HFW5231EP-ZE about 190€, am I replacing it with the wrong camera?

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I've tried looking for a different code (like the one you suggested), but there are just a few. And the price? WOW, 370€!
4 years ago I've paid the HFW5231EP-ZE about 190€, am I replacing it with the wrong camera?
There are many 5442 variants/models.. And there is huge difference in price between models (even 2x)..

If we talk about bullet models with zoom, normal line is coded as 5442E and models from that line are cheaper.
5442H variants are premium variants, in bigger chassis & much brighter (F/1.2 not F/1.8) zoom optics both from Ultra line (7xxx)...

All 5442 variants have the same 4Mpx 1/1.8" size sensor. Difference is in chassis, optics (constant vs zoom, how bright), light options (IR vs white) and generations (S3 means newest WizMind-S line with Video MetaData, AcuPick and 4th video stream).

Prices for Dahua Pro line in Europe are not cheap. Orbitaldigital shop gives 35% discount for all Spain Dahua catalog and for my knowledge this web shop have best prices in EU (without extra promotions/rabates).

If You look cheaper, go to Andy on this forum. Or his shop: EmpireTech IPC-B5442E-ZE 1/1.8" CMOS 4MP WDR IR Bullet AI Network Came

Delivery to Europe takes usually 2 weeks and You don't pay any taxes/VAT..

Last edited:

andre__x

n3wb
Reaction score
There are many 5442 variants/models.. And there is huge difference in price between models (even 2x)..

If we talk about models with zoom, normal line is coded as 5442E and models from that line are cheaper.
5442H variants are premium variants, in bigger chassis & much brighter (F/1.2 not F/1.8) zoom optics both from Ultra line (7xxx)...

All 5442 variants have the same 4Mpx 1/1.8" size sensor. Difference is in chassis, optics (constant vs zoom, how bright), light options (IR vs white) and generations (S3 means newest WizMind-S line with Video MetaData, AcuPick and 4th video stream).

Prices for Dahua Pro line in Europe are not cheap. Orbitaldigital shop gives 35% discount for all Spain Dahua catalog and for my knowledge this web shop have best prices in EU (without extra promotions/rabates).

If You look cheaper, go to Andy on this forum. Or his shop: EmpireTech IPC-B5442E-ZE 1/1.8" CMOS 4MP WDR IR Bullet AI Network Came

Delivery to Europe takes usually 2 weeks and You don't pay any taxes/VAT..
Steve, thanks again for the reply.
About Andy, I see those wonderful prices, but I will not have warranty (or I will have to ship them back to USA with extra costs). Why do you say that I will not have to pay taxes/VAT?
I'll analyze the 5442 better and I'll may get back to you :winktongue:

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Steve, thanks again for the reply.
About Andy, I see those wonderful prices, but I will not have warranty (or I will have to ship them back to USA with extra costs). Why do you say that I will not have to pay taxes/VAT?
I'll analyze the 5442 better and I'll may get back to you :winktongue:
Andy is sending from USA or China (depending where have ordered stock). Normally for shipment from outside EU You must pay extra tax and VAT. Prices in EU contains these (VAT & tax) - this is way we have higher prices for electronics comparing to USA. But Andy can send cameras tax free route - but this require usually 2 weeks. And tracking works only for last (inside EU) part.