IPC-HFW5831E-Z5E - Focus reset on reboot

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can't seem to find an answer via search so i apologize if this has been covered.

On my IPC-HFW5831E-Z5E, everytime it reboots (from power outage or weekly reboot) the focus will switch to auto instead of the setting i had it fixed at. This is a problem since its an LPR and all the fuzzy video becomes useless at that point. Is there a workaround for this issue (i've already disabled auto reboot weekly) but i can't do anything about power interruptions that reboot. Thanks!

Attachments

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I’ve seen people talk about that on this forum. Is there a post that goes over the “how to” on that?

thanks for the idea

guykuo

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looking for some of my old posts. Should help get you started. Gotchas are the firmware version of your camera may require different format commands for the API commands. Also, digests vs name/password authentication can trip you up when beginning to use scripts....

and

I have attached an (old) API document for Dahua.

BTW, you can interrogate the camera via the API for current focus and zoom settings and use the reported figures in your manual zoom/focus script.

Attachments

MicahJames

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looking for some of my old posts. Should help get you started. Gotchas are the firmware version of your camera may require different format commands for the API commands. Also, digests vs name/password authentication can trip you up when beginning to use scripts....

and

I have attached an (old) API document for Dahua.

BTW, you can interrogate the camera via the API for current focus and zoom settings and use the reported figures in your manual zoom/focus script.
Brilliant. Thank you so so much I appreciate it!