IPC-K42A and DMSS

Evelyn82

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have bought an IPC-K42A internal IP cam, but it doesn't seem to be performing very well with DMSS, like it is hard to watch video clips (I'd say impossible) and it takes forever to subscribe effectively to "alarms messages".

Anyone else experiencing problems with this model of cam and DMSS or knows some solution for this?

Thanx a lot...

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have bought an IPC-K42A internal IP cam, but it doesn't seem to be performing very well with DMSS, like it is hard to watch video clips (I'd say impossible) and it takes forever to subscribe effectively to "alarms messages".

Anyone else experiencing problems with this model of cam and DMSS or knows some solution for this?

Thanx a lot...
In the cam's setup, try changing the Record Control to Substream instead of main. Also make sure the substream is enabled under Camera>Video.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Thanx a lot...
Try setting it up using the cameras ip address and maybe try gdmss app

rios

n3wb
Reaction score
I am trying to set this up using ONVIF but i can't seem to connect to the port. Does this camera have ONVIF? IF so what is the port?