IPC-T2431T-AS 3.6mm Offline - Salvageable?

kjinxx2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi there!

I have had a IPC-T2431T-AS 3.6mm on my system for about 6 months and suddenly it went offline - I can see the device on my network but cannot get into the interface and can't send any commands to it through Config Tool (or any IP cam software for that matter). Anything I try results in 'connection failed'.

I've taken the camera out of service and used a different ethernet cable to connect directly to my laptop (w/ POE) and still having the same issues.

Is there anything I can do here? Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Or is this a common symptom of total device failure?

Thanks!
Ken

1657379765572.png

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Try a reset?

Also should add, if you changed the IP to the 192.168.200.x range then you may need to look for it at 192.168.1.108 as the default.

Last edited:

kjinxx2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi Mike -

Thanks! I tried a reset and was able to get into to UI but can't view video and can't do a firmware flash. I did revert to 192.168.1.108 after the rest and then changed it to 192.168.200.20 (I replaced the camera with a new cam that is now using the old .200.12 address)

I did a port scan on 2 cameras, an operational one and the broken one and it seems that the camera is no longer responding at ports 554 and 1935 (which explains why I can access the UI at port 80)

1657400780973.png

I read somewhere around here that you repair broken ports/push fresh firmware using Putty, but I am not familiar with that process at all - anybody ever tried that?

Ken

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Check in the cam settings. Under Network > Port. Make sure the other ports are listed there.

Also under System > Account > ONVIF user. Make sure that's enabled and you have a valid user account for it.

kjinxx2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Okay - so all of the ports are listed and correct in Network > Port & System > Account ONVIF user has the correct valid user. One interesting thing that I just tried was to run a perpetual ping at the camera:

You can see below that the camera becomes unresponsive for 4-5 pings every 30 seconds. During that time all interaction with UI craps out (which is probably why I can't push a firmware update)

Any other ideas? Maybe I can get lucky and push a fresh firmware through while the connection is stable

1657411785460.png

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Worth a try while you still have a good connection to it.

kjinxx2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Gahh - still can't get a fresh firmware pushed to this thing... simply won't stay online long enough to get it through. Maybe the network adapter in it is fried - regardless I think it will be heading to the trash.

Funny enough - the SD card is still recording footage in the unit so the camera itself still works.. shame..

Ken

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Wonder if there's some way to load the firmware from the SD card?

I've messed around with TTY when unbricking some old cams but I'm just a hack following instructions and can't help you much at that level. And the newer cams are harder.

Maybe someone else here can before you trash it. I'd think that it would be unusual to only lose certain ports and still have the others if the network board was bad. I suppose it still could be failing hardware in some way but maybe a chance at recovery via software. Might post in one of the Dahua unbricking threads here.

Last edited:

Fiddelm3742

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I realize this is an old thread, but I have the same camera, purchased around the same time, that is experiencing this exact same issue.

The cam stopped responding/recording. I have done many hard resets, I can get to the cam either by default 108 up or setting it to DHCP.
However as mentioned above it becomes slow to respond and eventually drops pings after a random amount of time and becomes unresponsive.
I know it's a long shot but did anyone find a fix for this? The cam ran problem free for just under a year and a half