IPC-T2431T-AS Quality?

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi,

I recently bought a IPC-T2431T-AS to replace a WyzeCam3, and am noticing that the night and daytime quality on the IPC is not on part with the WC3. The Wyze cam has better colours, and all around better night time performance.
Colours are more realistic, night shot is crips and "even" all through the room. I can't find any info on the WC3 sensor, however price wise the IPC is double the cost.
I have to assume the WC3 sensor is much better than on this IPC model, could anyone confirm/provide some feedback?

TY

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The T2431 is considered a budget camera and is not on the ideal MP/sensor ratio.

With that said, do not be enamored by still pictures. The Wyze is designed to produce a nice bright image at the expense of motion blur when there is not enough light.

With the T2431 you need to dial the settings into your field of view - so adjust exposure/shutter, brightness, etc.

After doing so, post a night time video with motion from both cameras. What I suspect you will see is the T2431 is a darker image, but you have a better chance of freeze framing to capture a picture.

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I get all that and I'm in agreement, but this is for the basement where we let our toddler go by himself and just like to keep an eye on him. Face recognition on a frozen frame is not important. Would be ideal to find a poe/ethernet camera with 120/130 fov diagonal and good sensor like the wc3, but I'm unable to.

I got this one as i read good feedback, but i find the wc3 has better quality (for my needs). Would like poe/ethernet for better reliability.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmm interesting, I have this camera and there is no autotrack feature.
Kind of funny (not funny) I bought this camera more than 2 years ago, it's now 50% more and costs more than the 2431T.
The Amcrest though has a 4mm lens, I'd much rather have one that doesn't need to move with and has a 2.8mm like the IP3M-HX2 that seems to be discontinued but has the perfect FOV for what I need.

Would really like to try this IP3M-HX2, or any other that is on par with this, looks ideal for my use (I can use one of those adapters to get network and power to it from a POE cable, since the camera isn't POE.

teredactle

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Dahua 4MP cube camera

About a 90 degree FOV
Thanks for the reminder, I picked up 4 of these (DCS-2210L) a while back off kijiji for $50; they have slightly larger FOV than the cube you recommend above, just slightly.
I will give one a go and see if that will work, they are small enough to be exactly what I'm looking for, although very yellowed, maybe used in a smoky environment? I may try to see if I can disassemble and bleach the plastic so that it looks white (any recommendations on dealing with yellowed plastic =would be appreciated).

I may move the other outside if it fits, I wish these were smaller...

Cheers!

>Looks like what I have is the DCS-2210 which has a 4.7mm lens (not 2.8 like the L version) and image quality is not great. Looks like I"m pretty out of luck, as the cube cams, albeit small, are as much as the 2431T, the ones I can find that would be suitable...
Anywone have a IP3M-HX2 they want to get rid of? :)

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.