IPC-T5241H-AS-PV DOA?

fishead

n3wb
Reaction score
I've just purchased one of these direct from Andy to add to my existing Dahua & Blue Iris setup. All other cameras direct from Andy.

If I just initialise the camera and set it up through BI as just another camera its works ish! more on this later. However when I set up the Smart Plan IVS it all goes wrong.

Firstly there is a warning message under Information, Algorithm Version1.0.0 "Algorithm authorisation expired, please update incense" I can't find any information on this, is mine out of date? Doesn't seem to be as all the screen shot's I can find have the same version as mine. If it is out of date anyone have a clue how you do update it? I can't find anything on Dahua's website nor a camera specific manual.

Under IVS, Parameter Setup, Period, Sunday is ticked but greyed out, I cannot change it. Any changes I do make to any day appear not to be saved. I make them, press save, there is no confirmation message saying they have been saved, should there be? When I go back in to check if anything has been saved nothing has. This is also the same for the LED light period.

The LED and alarm sound only work under manual control and not trigger.

Tripwire, unless I draw a spiders web across the screen this doesn't work at all, but then barely senses movement but doesn't always trigger an alarm . Intrusion with the whole screen selected again senses movement but doesn't always trigger an alarm.

Next problem, If try to use IVS it appears to screw up BI. The CPU usage almost doubles and believe it or not the email notifications on trigger from my other cameras fail but not this one!! Turn IVS off or disconnect this camera all is happy again.

DOA camera or software conflict with BI, I'm not sure, either way something is serious wrong with this camera or its software and in its current state is not usable for what I bought it which was the IVS functions.

Any help with this greatly appreciated.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IVS may not work properly until the red triangle issue has been resolved, IiRC. Look in Andy’s sub forum on the site here for a thread on that. I’m on my phone otherwise I’d try to find that thread for you.

SkyLake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

fishead

n3wb
Reaction score
@SkyLake @aristobrat

Thanks for the link and suggestions, email sent. I'm a bit annoyed that this camera is being sent out with a known fault. Everything I've had from Andy before has just worked, well they have after I found out how to make them work via lots of pretty pictures from the web. I've just wasted the best part of two days trying to get it to work thinking it was me!

fishead

n3wb
Reaction score
Update.

I've received the replacement license file from Andy much quicker than I expected, however it doesn't work. Assuming that I've followed the config tool instructions correctly I do not get the green tick to show that's its complete, I get an orange warning triangle. I assume that this means it's failed to upload / update correctly. The camera after a factory defaults reset still has the license fault. I've contacted Andy for advise.

The email alerts from my other cameras, since I've installed this new camera on my system, do not work even with the new camera disconnected. It's done some thing to the Blue Iris configuration which I just cannot resolve / find. The only way out has been to revert to a previous configuration before I installed this camera. Having checked all the relevant pages I can't see any difference, and that's got me worried that there is even more problems with this camera.

Has anyone got this camera to play nice with BI?

fishead

n3wb
Reaction score
Another Update.

Andy suggested that I try the English version of the config tools. I reset the camera back to factory default, initialised and tried with the English version which he provided a link to. However no cigar, the English version under tools does not have as many menu options as the Chinese version and one of those missing is the "upload license software". Back to square one and I still have an expensive paper weight on my desk.

Has anybody used the English version of config tools and got it to work? If so where did you download it from please.

fishead

n3wb
Reaction score
Yet another update.

Found the English software with the license option under tools, however the software will not talk to the camera!!!!!