IPC-T5442T-ZE Firmware version after reset

dchomes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I purchased an IPC-T5442T-ZE that was already initialized out of the box. Andy told me to do a reset. I did and the camera is working. This camera is replacing the camera I bricked with a firmware update!!
Question # 1: When you do a factory reset with the button on the camera, does that set it back to Duhua Firmware or Andy's Firmware? This is the current firmware - 2.820.15OG004.0.R, Build Date: 2021-07-29
Question # 2: Do I need to update this firmware version?? I know the golden rule around here regarding upgrading firmware and agree due to my own bad experience, :banghead:
I believe Based on the download link from Andy's List this is the latest Firmware - General_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.840.0000000.25.R.230425(1).bin -

Thanks in advance for any help.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A factory reset keeps it on whatever firmware is currently running on the camera.

It isn't a true factory reset as it does not revert to the firmware that it came out of the factory with.

Try the camera and if it works for your needs don't update and brick it like you did the first one lol. I have 5442s running 2019 firmware.

dchomes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for the clarification. That is a relief and I have no desire to update lol.....as I stare at my useless bricked paperweight on my desk :(

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
We have been there LOL.

A couple months ago I was bored (even though I have more than enough to do LOL) and even though I say don't fix what ain't broke often, I thought "hey let me update a perfectly working 5442-ZE camera to add 2D and 3D noise reduction that one of my other 5442 cams has" and totally effed up the camera. Lost the ability to set FPS and encode and bitrate and couldn't factory reset from the GUI.

Fortunately I was able to figure out the API to factory reset (instead of having to get out a ladder) and had the previous firmware already (one of the reasons why I figured it was ok to try because I could revert back since I had the previous firmware), but it took awhile to get the camera operational. But even now with a factory reset several times and going back firmware, the image is much darker than it was before for the same settings.

And about a year before that I screwed up another camera (it was older and I was replacing it so thought why not play LOL) in a firmware update and I said screw it and held the factory reset button in for 2 minutes and heard the IR filter click like 10 times and the camera kinda came back LOL. Not all the functions are there though.

dchomes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I kinda like that one. We should adopt that for use where we find things that they did in a dumb way.
LOL, good catch and good idea. I was struggling with severe errors for that post. Missed that one.

dchomes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We have been there LOL.

A couple months ago I was bored (even though I have more than enough to do LOL) and even though I say don't fix what ain't broke often, I thought "hey let me update a perfectly working 5442-ZE camera to add 2D and 3D noise reduction that one of my other 5442 cams has" and totally effed up the camera. Lost the ability to set FPS and encode and bitrate and couldn't factory reset from the GUI.

Fortunately I was able to figure out the API to factory reset (instead of having to get out a ladder) and had the previous firmware already (one of the reasons why I figured it was ok to try because I could revert back since I had the previous firmware), but it took awhile to get the camera operational. But even now with a factory reset several times and going back firmware, the image is much darker than it was before for the same settings.

And about a year before that I screwed up another camera (it was older and I was replacing it so thought why not play LOL) in a firmware update and I said screw it and held the factory reset button in for 2 minutes and heard the IR filter click like 10 times and the camera kinda came back LOL. Not all the functions are there though.
Sorry to hear that. The one I bricked was my first camera and I was just learning the basics. Even after reading one of your excellent posts about upgrading and the chances of bricking the camera, I couldn't resist trying just so I could learn and see the new changes. I updated the firmware and needless to say, I never saw the changes.....never saw anything for that matter, lol. I took a chance and I learned my lesson.

gbonny

n3wb
Reaction score
I've loaded successfully DH_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.840.0000000.25.R.230425.bin on my IPC-T5442T-ZE from the Dahua website.
I was running before version 2.800.15OG004.0R with build date 2020-10-19.

Changes I noticed:
event -> new smart object detection
camera -> - conditions - exposure - no more smart ir (I did not use it)
camera -> zoom and focus fixed (bug: didn't load)
network -> access platform - P2P fixed (bug: auto-on after power-cycle, when disabled before)
system -> safety - Genetic service fixed (bug: auto-on after power-cycle, when disabled before)
system -> safety - new LLDP
system -> manager - new run log
system -> manager - new packet capture

Newer versions of web/onvif 21.12/algorithm 1.0.7
Didn't do a reset before nor after. So far so good.

AzN_NiNjA01

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IDK I just like to have my cameras fully updated before installing them. So far I have upated 1/Color4KT180, 4/Color4KT, 1/T5442T-ZE and 4/N85DJ62. Waiting on 10/T5442TM-AS to come in so I can update them as well before installing them. I am using the configtool to update the firmware. Initialize first then update the firmware then do a factory reset and then initialize seems to work for me. Factory reset first if you have already messed around with any of the settings.