IPC-T5442T-ZE IPC-T5442TM-AS latest new firmware IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.20.R.200903

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
T5442 single pair (2) LEDs. B5442 bullet cam 2 pairs (4) LEDs

Thanks, playing with the settings right now. looks like the B5442E-ZE have "near" and "far" light illuminator settings on manual while the T5442T model has a single setting called "brightness" assuming just one set of LEDs...

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Right now V2.800.0000000.17.R, Build Date: 2020-06-20

The current reccomended one is 200900 ? Can someone post the link please I'm having trouble finding it. Thanks.

surv8tor

n3wb
Reaction score
Right now V2.800.0000000.17.R, Build Date: 2020-06-20

The current reccomended one is 200900 ? Can someone post the link please I'm having trouble finding it. Thanks.
look in the first post of this thread, download the docx file, inside there are two links, use the second one if you want the smartIR functionality - or the first link if you want new baseline with better SMD.

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
look in the first post of this thread, download the docx file, inside there are two links, use the second one if you want the smartIR functionality - or the first link if you want new baseline with better SMD.
I thought @Wildcat_1 advised not to use that one

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I heard about a little delay, should be ready/available tomorrow

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
The testing version has been ok now. Anyone wants to test, just send me message.
Quick update from my testing so far, SMD is MUCH BETTER in this version and I've had 0 false caps in the past 14 hours. Will test Smart IR later and report back. SO far looks like the info fed back to Dahua has been implemented with as far as SMD is concerned.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Same here, SMD now works and it now takes the proper amount of still shot's per event, instead of only one capture.

Firmware updated with out issues. The camera's GUI, now seems snappier during use.

I did have to do a factory default after the update because:
1-Manual shutter settings did not work correctly.
2-Gain priority had disappeared.
All fixed after the factory default.

VBR is still a mess no matter the bitrate. CBR is good.

More after dark.

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Fast test on a couple of B5442E-ZE, Smart IR seems working fairly well (even a bit too aggressive, IMHO ... :) )
Clicking on the "Conditions" button, for a fraction of second, appears a "Focus & Zoom" menù

Set-1.JPG

But then it suddenly disappears

Set-2.JPG
This happens only the first time that the 'Condition' button is hit, then, the"Focus & Zoom" menù, is no longer shown, until the page is refreshed
Edit ... forgot to say, I did a factory reset after the upgrade

fixxxer0

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Fast test on a couple of B5442E-ZE, Smart IR seems working fairly well (even a bit too aggressive, IMHO ... :) )
Clicking on the "Conditions" button, for a fraction of second, appears a "Focus & Zoom" menù

View attachment 72928

But then it suddenly disappears

View attachment 72929
This happens only the first time that the 'Condition' button is hit, then, the"Focus & Zoom" menù, is no longer shown, until the page is refreshed
Edit ... forgot to say, I did a factory reset after the upgrade
I had the same issue on the latest 5231 firmware. Sometimes the focus and zoom display never loads

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
It was pouring rain last night, so I still have not had the chance to checkout the SmartIR. Should be able to tonight.
Same here so will try and get the SmartIR testing and comparison complete ASAP.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Ok, hold the phone, this is an interesting addition in 10-19 (latest test version) ! As most here know, the VOLT chipset is shared not only with the 5442 but also the 5241. Well I upgraded a 5241-Z12 today for testing and guess what popped up under Camera, Conditions menu...........FOCUS & ZOOM as a menu entry (don't get confused with the tab) that allows you to set MANUAL focus which of course is brilliant for the 5241-Z12 and the soft focus exhibited on the tightest end of the zoom.

For those that haven't seen this, you go into Camera, Conditions menu then Focus & Zoom (menu item below Day & Night menu option) then change Focus Mode to Manual (you have a choice of Semi-Auto or Manual), save. You then go to the Focus & Zoom TAB and adjust focus, can even use Auto Focus button to dial in BUT the key is that when you go back to the Focus & Zoom menu item and save again (for good measure) it will then stay as you've manually set !

A lot of people have been asking for this since the 5231-Z12 soft focus so this is a great win. This was NOT present in 9-03 FW so is a new addition. Thought I would share. Check out the new menu options below. This is a great addition @EMPIRETECANDY and certainly will help a lot of people that have seen this issue

New Manual Mode.jpg