IPC-T5442T-ZE IPC-T5442TM-AS latest new firmware IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_PN_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.20.R.200903

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY

I see the IPC-HDW5541HP-AS-PV is listed as supported, which is the PAL version. Is the NTSC IPC-HDW5541H-AS-PV supported by this firmware?

Thanks
Pal vs NTSC is mute in the digital age. You can choose which standard to use in the firmware.

fstfrd50

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Given that it si not even in the 5442 series and from a different sensor series as well, I seriously doubt it. Kind of like trying to put a 440 hemi into a Honda Fit.
I was able to upload the firmware on PDE5P3W2-S/A/AI/AD ( Dahua OEM partners ) Techvision, after factory default I now have IPC-HDW5541H-AS-PV. Everything works as it should speaker, white LED, and gained SMD, Dahua logo and doesn't show up as IP CAMERA any more on config. tool. On another note the 440 Hemi didn't fit but the turbocharger did!

Attachments

Geomancer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I updated the firmware to the one in the first post on three of my six IPC-T5442TM-AS cameras. It seemed to be working at first, but now one of my cameras is almost completely offline and I can not log into it (both the password I set and admin/admin do not work). I can get to the log in page, so it's powered and responding. The other two look like their working, but BlueIris recordings are completely black on those cameras. They're still triggering with IVS and in BI I see the preview. I can manually view the cameras at full resolution just fine.

I really have no idea what's going on.... any ideas? I'm going to get out the ladder and tools to physically reset the one dead camera... I'm guessing I should revert these three to previous firmware that were working as I don't see anyone else at all reporting issues like I'm having.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Just posted my latest testing the my Night Performance Testing thread so am cross-posting here for continued awareness/reference of those wanting to understand the latest on this FW
--------

All, I’ve been testing the latest VOLT firmware (11/23) over the past week and wanted to share my tests (and video).

Let me get to the punchline that most people want up front. This is the best version of the FW for the VOLT chip (5442 in this specific test) yet. Now onto the details.

So, is this FW perfect, NO. There is still a little too much IR strength especially with off angle targets near center of lens and those that approach the camera in line of the IR beam. You’ll notice it on the face and jacket here. Whether it be in passing or relatively still movement, the IR strength is still not being adjusted enough. The good news is that the adjustments that have been made in 11/23 are happening a lot quicker thanks to notable code changes and certainly adjusting down more than they have in any previous version however there is still some room for improvement that I saw in my testing.

In terms of speed of adjustment seen in code + testing, here are the exposures that have had the most notable changes and react the quickest

IR Only
The 2 following exposures offer the greatest level of noticeable IR adjustment in this section
  • Fixed exposure 1/100 best tweak (quickest to adjust and with the highest level of adjustment)
  • Exposure Ranges = 1/60 to 1/100 (just slightly behind the fixed exposure adjustments expected)

IR + Bulb (1x 60w)
The 2 following exposures offer the greatest level of noticeable IR adjustment in this section
  • 0 to 1/60 (quickest to adjust in this section)
  • 1/60 to 1/100

So how would I recommend fixing the final small adjustments ? Well the adjustments are primarily being made based on size of target in view, portion of FOV it covers and distance to as well as coverage of the sensor. While this is one way to adjust, focusing now on compensating for highlights caused by the IR itself (in much the same manner as HLC helps mitigate inbound target / visible light) would be my recommendation. Therefore a few more tweaks specifically focused on highlights blown out by IR I think will help.

With all of that said, its been great to see the iterative changes Dahua has made to this FW based on the feedback of real world testing and code level I’ve shared along with other testers sharing their experiences with these releases too. I am going to ask that Dahua continue to tweak this a little further based on my findings BUT my advice to the 5442 users (and 5241-Z12, don’t forget that manual focus addition I mentioned HERE !) along with Andy is to upgrade to this FW and I think you’ll be pleased now overall. This is the best version of the FW yet.

Before I forget, SMD is still working well in this release as well, no noticeable regression there.

HTH and as always, reach out with any questions

Now for The Video

mat-with-one-t

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys/Andy,
Just trying to update this firmware onto my IPC-t5241h-as-pv
Can I please check I'm doing it correctly:
  • I went to link
  • I downloaded the .BIN file
  • I logged into my cam directly (using the blue web symbol for that cam via the main NVR web interface)
  • I put in the BIN file under "file upgrade"
  • It displayed an orange line as it uploaded ("transmitting files - please don't leave this page or close the browser") - seemed good (although was slow) - and got to the end
  • then it just hung up on "rebooting, please wait", then timed out
Am I doing something wrong?
Cheers, Mat

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
YES, all cams finish upadting will booting again, then you just access to th camera via ip address again.

PandaCaret

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys/Andy,
Just trying to update this firmware onto my IPC-t5241h-as-pv
Can I please check I'm doing it correctly:
  • I went to link
  • I downloaded the .BIN file
  • I logged into my cam directly (using the blue web symbol for that cam via the main NVR web interface)
  • I put in the BIN file under "file upgrade"
  • It displayed an orange line as it uploaded ("transmitting files - please don't leave this page or close the browser") - seemed good (although was slow) - and got to the end
  • then it just hung up on "rebooting, please wait", then timed out
Am I doing something wrong?
Cheers, Mat
Try accessing it via 192.168.1.108 instead. IIRC from what I've read, after a firmware upgrade, it reverts to its stock settings with a static IP.

mat-with-one-t

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry Andy I don't understand? I am still getting stuck on the "rebooting, please wait", with a completed orange taskbar. Nothing happens after that. Does this mean the update is finished, even though it's saying "please wait"?

And thanks Panda, but my setup uses 192.168.50.....numbers. I can't seem to access that way. I'm at 192.168.50.2:100xx for each cam....

I ended up closing the stuck screen, and it actually looks like the firmware had upgraded. Maybe it's just a fault? I'm trying on another cam, and the same issue - orange status bar ("rebooting, please wait) is again complete and sits stuck....

Last edited:

RevJoe

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry Andy I don't understand? I am still getting stuck on the "rebooting, please wait", with a completed orange taskbar. Nothing happens after that. Does this mean the update is finished, even though it's saying "please wait"?

And thanks Panda, but my setup uses 192.168.50.....numbers. I can't seem to access that way. I'm at 192.168.50.2:100xx for each cam....

I ended up closing the stuck screen, and it actually looks like the firmware had upgraded. Maybe it's just a fault? I'm trying on another cam, and the same issue - orange status bar ("rebooting, please wait) is again complete and sits stuck....
You just need to refresh your screen if you think it is stuck. in chrome shift+f5 forces a complete reload of the page and return a load error if the cam is not yet done rebooting. .

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Dahua released a new firmware(No smart IR version V2.800.0000000.22.R.201119 ) for this series, and we will use the latest new firmware's baseline for the smart IR special fw.(Will have testing fw this week)
But it's good for the tioc/deterance cameras.
Dahua right now disable all audio on new cams, so future have to enable the audio on when make the setting.
Can contact me for the latest new fw(Not smart IR version) to test.

1607415803212.png

Last edited:

wasabi

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thanks for this. does this work for IPC-HDBW5442E-ZE ? thanks

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm trying to update my two new cams, and I'm confused which firmware should I apply, this one, or the SmarIR fix one?

Reaction score
Ok, a little confused. I downloaded the bin file from the #1 post (@EMPIRETECANDY and @Wildcat_1 )

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3w26neshfre84jy/General_IPC-HX5XXX-Volt_MultiLang_NP_Stream3_V2.800.0000000.20.R.200903.bin?dl=0

and the title implies it is V2.800.0000000.20.R but the version shown in the cam is V2.800.15OG004.0.R, Build Date: 2020-10-19

Is this the proper firmware? I have loaded it to both my LPR cams, HFW5241E-Z12E for the manual focus option. I have set that at manual, but when they switched this evening to night, they lost focus. Thoughts?

Is the focus tied to the schedule?

Another thing I noticed is that every time I go to the zoom and focus tab, there is no video and the sliders are all the way to the left. I have to hit refresh to get them to go to the current setting. Is this normal?

1609891096337.png

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I can't help with the version since I think I'm a few behind. Waiting on that smart IR fix is like waiting to see a unicorn... But I can tell you that there was a bug in some of the firmwares that didn't allow you to see video when on that focus screen. Go back several pages as I think its documented and I thought there was a fix for it.