IPC-T5442T-ZE picture issues

dan2112

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My IPC-T5442T-ZE is on the fritz:
It is pixelating random amounts of the image every couple of seconds or so.
I have rebooted the camera, but that doesn't help.

I am on 2.800.15OG000.0.T, Build Date: 2020-08-25 Firmware.

It is about three years old. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Dan

Attachments

dan2112

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Check patch plugs, both ends.
Yeah was thinking that too. I'll have to get the ladder out this weekend and climb up to check it. It has been fine for a while and just started doing it. Would a bad connection cause pixelization? I don't see any error counts in my switch

tmxv4128

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As Looney suggested, try CRB rather than VBR. Can you put a memory card in the camera and try recording to it to rule out a cable problem?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I see from your past posts you're a BI user.
I've seen that type of corruption when looking at a nice stream on BI and I change the cam's resolution via the cam's webGUI....BI goes nuts until I "restart" the cam in BI. So is it possible your cam is toggling main to sub stream and back for some reason? Maybe heat related?
You could set both URL streams in the path to "0" to see or both to "1"

Is that the cam you installed Sept. of 2020 with the pigtail outside of a junction box?
As previously stated by others, very well could be a connection issue.
I keep a good, solid copper, 100 ft. patch cable around to temporarily bypass a suspect cable for such occasions.

dan2112

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I see from your past posts you're a BI user.
I've seen that type of corruption when looking at a nice stream on BI and I change the cam's resolution via the cam's webGUI....BI goes nuts until I "restart" the cam in BI. So is it possible your cam is toggling main to sub stream and back for some reason? Maybe heat related?
You could set both URL streams in the path to "0" to see or both to "1"

Is that the cam you installed Sept. of 2020 with the pigtail outside of a junction box?
As previously stated by others, very well could be a connection issue.
I keep a good, solid copper, 100 ft. patch cable around to temporarily bypass a suspect cable for such occasions.
The connector is inside the camera mounting bracket. My routine for connecting cables is to connect them with the provided weatherproof connector. Spray CorrosionX into the connection and then screw it all together inside the weatherproof connector. I then wrap the entire connector in self sealing weatherproof tape and then stuff it inside the camera housing. It is Cat6a cable.

dan2112

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also try constant bit rate not variable.
What are you viewing the camera with in that picture you posted?
Corroded connections can cause all sorts of issues.
Thanks. That is directly from the Camera's UI and changing it to CBR didn't fix it. Both Main and Substreams are pixilated or green (main is below).

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
At this point it appears the firmware got funky and a factory reset is in order.

Perimeter

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The only option without changing/examening the cable would be to record to the SDcard, then remove the SD card and view it on PC directly. (Format the card on PC for this or use Linux PC for file system access)

dan2112

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I pulled the camera today and took it to my work bench, did a factory reset and connected to a POE injector and have the same issue. If it is a bad connection, then it is internal to the camera. Time to get a replacement I think.

dan2112

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is the ipc-t5442t-ze still a good camera? Is there something similar that is better at the current moment.
Was thinking about the Mini PTZ SD4A425DB-HNY so I can move around and see different views of the ocean, but that is a big step up. I was reading the review thread and I don't need night vision for the camera, as it is just for my view. How is the night color on that model? Thoughts on the PTZ for that purpose?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes the 5442-ZE is still a go to camera.

If you have no or little light then the mini-PTZ will need infrared.

Sunfox

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Honestly, the green screenshot looks like whatever I get when I try to view the RTSP feed on my cams - however the native Dahua feeds are perfect, as are recordings. Did you try h265?