IPC-T5442T-ZE SMTP

JayNY

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a newish IPC-T5442T-ZE that I can't get SMTP working on. The funny thing is when I run a packet capture, I don't see any traffic destined to port 25 or any other port I set. It's almost like it's not bothering to send the traffic. I've tried all different settings just to generate any traffic, different ports, different IPs. The only thing I ever see related to SMTP it is when I use a DNS name instead of an IP. I see the lookup, and then nothing else. The capture is full of DNS retires to the garbage domains (devaccess.easy4ipcloud.com, etc.) that I'm blacklisting, but nothing on the ports I specify.

JayNY

n3wb
Reaction score
It turns out you must fill in the username and password field even if you set authentication to none, then it will attempt to send mail, but still it tries to authenticate and ultimately fails. Does anyone have this working without authentication. I have a Postfix server deployed internally to relay this type of traffic, but it's not configured for authentication.

JayNY

n3wb
Reaction score
So I'm thinking based on my testing that "authentication none", actually means plain text authentication. I hope that helps someone.