IPC-T5442TM-AS Auto IR bug fixed firmware 20190930

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have tried defaulting the camera and setting parameters there as well as on the NVR and combinations of both. The lines are there on the screen and everything is active, recording is on etc but there is no response to intrusion or tripwire as you walk through.
Could be a combo of the NVR firmware and the camera firmware. I have one camera running the July firmware and the other is running the September release and neither work. Going to wait for the next release and see how many users on the forum running the 4.0 firmware on their NVR and the new firmware on their camera have success.
I use an NVR 4208-4KS2(V3.216.0000003.0Build Date:2019-05-21) with a B5442T-ASE (not the firmware in this post but an older V2.800.0000000.0.R, Build Date: 2019-05-21), i tried version 4.0 on the NVR but i don't like the GUI :facepalm::D

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I’m not close to expert in it but finding you have to poke around to find stuff, but I haven’t not found anything yet.
Not as intuitive IMHO as the previous UI.

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Auto IR and Smart IR are analogous, apparently

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
We are waiting for official firmware from Dahua. What got posted earlier was a temporary fix and rendered some units to yield an algorithm error, thus the firmware was taken down. Once the official fix / firmware releases, the fix will be posted here.

looks like the file was deleted - anyone have a working link?

Matt-One

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not delete, seems deleted after the forum updated to a newer version.
The Link of the file si hosted on wetransfer and it is deleted, because free user can have the file online for only 7 days...

Inviato dal mio SM-N950F utilizzando Tapatalk

MikeyTech8

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
This firmware will have an official released version soon. They are testing on it, we will post here when we get it.
@wopi82 shared us some thinking about the Auto IR compare to the smart IR, welcome guys to discuss!
Can't wait to get the official released for the firmware :D. Kudos to the Dahua team for ensuring our experience is with good stability :D.

Reaction score
Hi Andy, Any update on when we'll receive the official firmware update? IVS events aren't working for me with the temp version so I'm "patiently" waiting.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
You can use back the old firmware.

Wopi has some further explain about the Auto IR compare to the smart IR.

Love2ski

n3wb
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY The old version of the firmware does not work either. The IVS features and AI are completely inoperable on my cameras. I have a camera on the September firmware and the July firmware and neither work.
I hope they resolve this soon since for me, the cameras are not working as advertised.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY The old version of the firmware does not work either. The IVS features and AI are completely inoperable on my cameras. I have a camera on the September firmware and the July firmware and neither work.
I hope they resolve this soon since for me, the cameras are not working as advertised.
Do you have a triangle warning ? If you have this, i can send you guide to fix up it. Just send you some PM, we talk there for some further details.

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
The May 2019 official firmware will remove the triangle warning and restore IVS functionality

Love2ski

n3wb
Reaction score
@Arjun Where can I download that firmware? The factory reset on my camera only brought it back to July.

Love2ski

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks! I will downgrade and see if this solves the IVS issue. Andy sent me a few other older revisions to try as well.