IPC-T54IR-ZE-S3 Network Recording, Web Version V5.01.0.1532205

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am trying to record video to my NAS but can't seem to actually get anything to record. My settings are below and when I click "Apply" ( or "test") i Get a "Success" message. The folder with the "Device name" is created on the network drive and inside is a recently created file "DVRWorkDirectory". However, when the camera actually records (triggered or manually clicking the record button) nothing appears inside the folder. This camera has no SD card so it is beyond me where these recording are going.

In addition to the settings shown below the "Record Control" is set to Auto and the Timeplan is using the default settings (Alarm and Events). What am I doing wrong here???

2024-04-26.jpg

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you have the actual 'Event Linkage" on MD and/or IVS rules set to record?

View attachment 193271 View attachment 193272
That was part of the problem however, after enabling "Record" for ivs there still is no recording files to be found after a trigger. I have another identical camera setup to record on a SD card and it works fine. Must have missed something in the "Network Storage"

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
On the storage tab you would need IVS or “Intelligent” set for 24/7 all days

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Sorry that for an NVR, I guess on the new interface on the camera its simply "Event"

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry that for an NVR, I guess on the new interface on the camera its simply "Event"
Yeah, I have both "Event" and "Alarm" enabled with a timeplan of 24/7. I know the other camera is recording fine on the SD so I might just try to change that camera from Local to Network. If that doesnt work at least I know it is the Network settings that are not correct.

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, this is bizarre. I changed the one camera from local to network and it worked. Recordings started to appear in the NAS folder. Not so fast... I proceeded to change the default camera name (some bizarre combination of numbers and letters) to a friendly name. In this case, "driveway". I then went to storage and did the test. Success. The folder "driveway" was created on the NAS. Subsequent recoding are not appearing in this folder. Only thing I can figure is that there is a bug in the sw. Of course, I have no idea what the original name was.

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I made progress. Recordings are now showing up in the folder even with the new friendly name. Not sure why it took so long. I can double click each file and VLC will play them. That said, the recordings are not showing up under the "Search Videos" tab. :oops:Maybe tomorrow?;)

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Haven’t tried it so don’t know, but I’d bet it’s looking at the wrong name or for the non existent SD card

Cor K Dikland

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Network storage is definitely flaky. Local storage seems fine. The only reasons I am trying to get this to work because I dont have a SD card in this camera. From time to time my cameras, within BI, are sputtering/stalling like crazy. I check the BI recording with that of the recording of the other camera that does have a SD. Huge difference. The network storage is the exact same location as the BI recordings. The few recordings I did manage to get are so much better/smoother than that of BI. Then, tomorrow, BI is almost as good and I think I have solved the problem. The "solution" never lasts.

UPDATE: The Username & Password fields under Recording/Storage/Network revert back to the default admin after some unknown period of time. This explains why these recordings suddenly stopped working.