IPC-T5542T-ZE Camera Information Missing

danioj

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello All,

It has been some time since my last post - I have been taking a very measured approach to my surveillance setup and making sure that what I am doing considers all the advice that this community has to offer.

I have recently purchased (1 initially to test +7 when I was happy) IPC-T5542T-ZE cameras. I am very happy with them and confident that they will meet my needs.

Just a pause to shamelessly plug the awesome @EMPIRETECANDY for providing these cameras at a great price with great shipping and excellent communication. You will not go wrong with these people!

Anyway, as I have started setting up my main batch, I noticed that the Dahua Config Tool picked up the model number of my new camera from the second batch. Quite different from the one above it which is just showing as "IP Camera".

I thought that was odd (and initially assumed that it must be a FW issue as I purchased the initial camera some months before the main batch). However, on logging into the interface of each camera, they are both running the exact same software. Even in the interface for the first camera the information is missing (makes sense to why the config tool didn't show it).

The details are:

Device Type: IPC-T5542T-ZE (information missing on the first camera)
System Version: V2.800.0000000.16R, Build Date: 2020-05-29
WEB Version: V3.2.1.900200
ONVIF Version: 19.06(V2.6.1.845551)
S/N: <LEFT THIS OUT>
Algorithm Version: 1.0.1
Security Baseline V...: V2.1

My question is, why would the same software running on the same hardware show the model number for one device and not the other? Does anyone else experience this? Is there something configured wrong that I am missing? I have stopped short of initialising my other cameras as yet so I don't risk repeating a similar mistake.

If there is nothing to worry about and no misstep on my part then great. I really want to get this right first time if I can.

Thanks to everyone in advance for your help!!

EDIT1: I just noticed that the P/N on each box is slightly different.

Camera 1: P/N: 1.0.01.33618# (Date: 2020-07)
Camera 2-8: P/N: 1.0.01.04.33622#0004 (Date: 2020-08)

Maybe this is the issue. Perhaps the models are slight variations and one shows the Device Type in the software and one doesn't.

EDIT2: Further scrutiny of the box I noticed something more. They are clearly slightly different from a manufacturing standpoint. The sizes on each model have changed:

Camera 1: Size: 157mm * 157mm * 138mm
Camera 2-8: Size: 156mm * 156mm * 137mm

bradner

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My last 4 IPC-T5442TM-AS also just say "IP Camera" too in the config tool. Just received them last week. I didn't think too much of it but would be nice to see the model # when getting lots of cams up.

1601348419072.png

danioj

n3wb
Reaction score
Thats exactly the issue. As they say, pictures say things better than words.

Nice to see that there is nothing I have done wrong here. It would be nice (for my OCD) to understand why some cameras (that are even the same model - if not the same part #) do this and some don't.

Reaction score
Things change in the manufacturing process over time. Part suppliers change, assembly changes, etc.

There is nothing to worry about. I have several cams that do the same thing and some of the same models report a model number and some do not. What you want to be concerned with, is the cam doing the job as described?

danioj

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, that is certainly a sensible and level headed response.

Time will tell on the performance but for now I will continue with my setup and not worry about it.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.