IPC-T5842T-ZE: Video stream stops / freezes with 4k in web view

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I never recommend h265 it drops the quality a lot on the current compression algorithm DH uses on its cams. H264h is a HUGE difference and what I recommend.
The only thing you gain from h265 is smaller files and it’s not worth the quality drop especially in fast motion and high contrast areas. I recommend and dial in all users to h264H which gives you a great image overall.
I found the opposite in picture quality terms. The picture was smoother and sharper looking. However, I agree 100% about PQ in terms of movement. I also found after a while of running h265 that even someone walking could cause macro blocking and a loss of fidelity so I switched back to H264h.

The downside to the motion simply isn't a price worth paying for a slight increase in picture quality given that macro blocking = no identification of a subject. H264 all the way for now until h266 arrives!

I agree with the diagnosis of the NVR being the issue. The fact the picture plays back normally on other equipment / software indicates there's nothing wrong with the cameras, cables or encoding. It's clearly recording hh265 perfectly. The issue clearly is the NVR is incapable for whatever reason of playing it back ie insufficient bandwidth, memory, processing power. This also shows the dangers of buying equipment of unknown spec. It's always best to check the spec of the NVR match the requirements of the cameras ahead of purchase as the bandwidth capabilities etc vary from model to model.