IPC upgrade problem

dhia

n3wb
Reaction score
I have dahua cam model
IPC-HDBW1531E
the problem is that when I upgrade the firmware using ipconfig tool it shows error saying connection failed

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it is not broke do not fix it.

If there is not a specific problem you are having that needs to be fixed by the specific upgrade do not upgrade the firmware. t is possible that when you upgrade you will lose features that you were using. There are 100s of posts about people who have bricked there cameras trying to upgrade. This is not a PC or Mac, it does not need to be upgraded.

If you purchased the camera direct for china (aliexpresss) it may be a language hacked version of a Chinese camera, if you try to upgrade it will brick it.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So you really need to ask yourself, why am I updating? If it is just for kicks, then stay with what is working.

A common theme around here is don't fix what ain't broke. If the unit is working and meets your needs, in many instances an update breaks what you had working and provides you with something you didn't need. A Dahua Z12E that someone updated and then constantly reboots comes to mind, and a certain Dahua PTZ that loses autotracking with an update come to mind, a Hikvision ANPR camera losing half the FPS and loses the ability to read US plates - those are big deals to have happen. Don't do it unless it is fixing a problem you are experiencing or adds a feature you really need.

Further, it is best to obtain any firmware updates from the vendor you purchased it from so that you do not run into issues. Any firmware you find here or elsewhere is obviously proceed at your own risk. We have many threads here where someone tried an update with a firmware they found on the internet and bricked their unit.

Many units being sold are Chinese hacked units that will either brick or go into Chinese upon updating. Some vendors will be upfront and tell consumers that as part of their website, but many do not or the consumer forgets...here is one such example....

1614546148413.png

tamicabobo

n3wb
Reaction score
If it is not broke do not fix it.

If there is not a specific problem you are having that needs to be fixed by the specific upgrade do not upgrade the firmware. t is possible that when you upgrade you will lose features that you were using. There are 100s of posts about people who have bricked there cameras trying to upgrade. This is not a PC or Mac, it does not need to be upgraded.

If you purchased the camera direct for china (aliexpresss) it may be a language hacked version of a Chinese camera, if you try to upgrade it will brick it.
I did everything, thanks for help.

Reaction score
how are you using that camera as a dash cam?

somedays I get very confused as how stuff is done, today must be one of those days