IPC-WL46A 4MP Fixed-focal Floodlight Network Camera

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Guys

We will release this floodlight wifi camera very soon, grab a sample to make some testing here soon next week. Looks like it would be a good camera.
I made some compare with other brands on the market. All details please check the datasheet.

Andy

Attachments

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Since the specs show that it will stream to a NVR via a Wi-Fi router then I'm thinking RTSP that will work with Blue Iris as well!

It's also good that it will work with a browser; hoping that it means it has an embeded webGUI for configuration! :cool:

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY Do you have a timeframe and ballpark price for these yet? I am thinking for 2 or 3 of my locations, these might work better than the IPC-Color4K-T180 I was getting ready to order in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks,

Eric

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@EMPIRETECANDY Do you have a timeframe and ballpark price for these yet? I am thinking for 2 or 3 of my locations, these might work better than the IPC-Color4K-T180 I was getting ready to order in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks,

Eric
One draw back to these over the 4kt 180 is it is on a very small 1/3" sensor, it will remain to be seen how that works out in dark areas with the floods off.

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks, that is why I would like to get one and try it.

What I am doing right now to determine what I need/want, is to temporarily install either the 180 or the 5442, view it for a couple of days and nights, then replace it with the other one and see how that compares. (Except for the 2nd 180 that the wife decided she definitely wanted in a specific location and had me get).

I would like to get one of these and try it where one of the 180s currently is and see what the results are, or maybe even set it at the other end of the wall (about 25') and see how they compare side by side on the monitor for a couple of days and nights.

Since I didn't see the sensor info in my quick scan, the thing I was concerned about was the WiFi rather than wired ethernet.

My experience with the WiFi doorbell (Amcrest) was not good. I had a lot of times where a person was walking up to the doorbell, and it would get them at the far edge of sideway ~15' away, and then the next image would be them walking away from the door after putting the package down, and similar things. When I replaced the wifi doorbell with the VT02311R-WP, that problem disappeared.

I don't think it was router because it was very close to the door (~20') with only windows between them, and I can get good signal on my tablet much further away.

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you have one of the IPC-Color4K-T180 cameras to compare it with?

And, I say this with all due respect, get to working on it! Please! :D

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
No I don't have a T180. But I will lay odds, the T180 would definitely out do it.
Can't work on it until it arrives sometime next week.

EricB

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok, I guess I will wait patiently(ish)

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looking forward to your review. I'll be interested in the actual weight and how they made it lighter. Helped friend put up the older Amcrest one. The problem was with cheaper houses sometimes they only use aluminum eaves that have no supporting 2x6 under it. For light-weight flood lights, this isn't a problem, however trying to replace it with a heavy flood light/ cam and light, you need to add more support with some lumber.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
@looney2ns get us some postive result for this camera, will wait his full testing and post a review here.

The camera is mainly a floodlight and with a camera, the floodlight has powerful light so not really need to use a 1/1.2 or 1/1.8cmos, will increase the cost a lot.

alecz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Where to buy and how much?
I found a Canadian store that advertises it for 280 CAD (+shipping +tax).

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Where to buy and how much?
I found a Canadian store that advertises it for 280 CAD (+shipping +tax).
You can buy it from @EMPIRETECANDY at his website or Amazon store or direct DM to him. Many from Canada purchase from him.

alecz

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I ended up buying one (IPC-L46N-CAN) from a Canadian Dahua Authorized dealer (about 300CAD after tax) and overall the camera is good. The look and feel of the WebUI is identical to the wired cameras. The lag is also the same as with the wired cameras.

The only issue I have is that I cannot get it to see the 5GHz Wi-Fi. I keep the camera about 2M from the Router, I have two separate Wi-Fi networks configured in the router, but the camera does not see the 5GHz.
In the (clumsy) DMSS app, it appears to say it doesn't work with Dual Band routers. Has anyone had any experience getting this camera to connect to 5GHz?