IPC314SR-DVPF28-U Wont load webui or allow me to login through apps

Reaction score
As the title states im having a ton of trouble. I may have changed https security settings so I have tried absolutely everything.

It also doesnt have a physical reset button on the camera. I've got it sitting beside me, looked forever for one but no luck. Does anyone know how i can reset it maybe by shorting pins?

I'm at a complete loss.

Reaction score
Oh and the camera shows up in Eztools but i cannot add it as it says the password is wrong. But i didnt change the password. Could changing the security to digest mess things up?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can't help you with this issue other than yes changing security can screw up a lot.

We can assure you that changing a camera to https does not make it any more secure and only gives you a false sense of security. It does absolutely nothing to prevent the backdoor exploits.

The most secure option is to not let the cameras have access to the internet.

Reaction score
Can't help you with this issue other than yes changing security can screw up a lot.

We can assure you that changing a camera to https does not make it any more secure and only gives you a false sense of security. It does absolutely nothing to prevent the backdoor exploits.

The most secure option is to not let the cameras have access to the internet.
Yeah, the whole reason i went with ip cameras and converted my wyze cams to RTSP firmware was because i wanted to keep everything local, stored and running on my home assistant server.

I've never done anything like this before, im usually good at not turning things on that I dont know what they do lol. I'm not even sure that i did change anything.

Reaction score
unfortunately I can't even see the "forgot password" option because the GUI won't load when I go to the IP address of the cam. I've tried all the ports, all sorts of different url combinations too. It's odd to me that the camera will show up in the desktop software, hell even in the app it somehow lets me login but that app doesn't have any factory reset options. In the desktop software it sees the cam but tells me the password is wrong. But I haven't changed it.

I've even tried to do it through the ezcloud but I had that crap turned off, so it won't work.

This is why I've landed on figuring out how to reset it via hardware. Most of their cams have a reset button but as this is tamper proof I believe that means there isn't one. And I've searched all over the thing with no luck. I do see some contacts that could be for resetting via shorting them out but I'm not 100%. I've been scouring the internet for almost 2 weeks with no luck.

johnfitz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
unfortunately I can't even see the "forgot password" option because the GUI won't load when I go to the IP address of the cam
this is probably way off, but did you try clearing cache/cookies on the browser?

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Are you able to take the cam apart? If so, check out this option, even though it's a different Uniview model maybe you can figure out the pads that can be shorted out to reset cam...