IPCAM (CamHi) type PTZ - power up initialise juddering/not connecting

cookan

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys,
I have a 12v outdoor PTZ Wifi IPcam from Farmstream in the UK. It was particularly expensive for what turned out to be something suspiciously similar to cameras on Wish and uses CamHIPro. Model is C6F0SoZ3N0PcL2.

I've had it for 2 years so it's out of warranty and it seems to have died and no longer connects to the network.

During power up, it tries to pan and tilt to the extremeties and moves around ok during this phase, but hits the buffers and keeps pushing until it finally gives up (juddering as the extremes). This happens on both the axis. I think as a result of this, it gives up and never gets to the point of trying to connect to the network.

I've tried a hard reset and no joy connected on Ethernet. It appears to just keep trying to cycle through the motor checks...gives up, pauses...then tries again and never gets to the point of trying to establish a network connection (at least that's what I think is happening).

is this a popular failure of these cams and is there likely anything I can do to fix it ? (I've removed the cover and unplugged/re-plugged the main control board connectors I can get to...there's no ingress of dirty/water inside to explain the failure).

thanks !