ipct ddns - how's it update my IP?

Reaction score
Is it strictly a manual update when I go to my "dashboard" and click? Or is there an app/program I can put on the computer that runs my CCTV cams?

Obviously, I'm a little confused.

Thanks in advance!

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Read the instructions on the ddns setup page.
Partially reads:
This service is useful for people who don’t have a dedicated IP address or to help manage multiple cameras, NVR’s / DVR’s, networks, etc. Blue Iris Tools provides automated DDNS updates and can be used to update your DDNS hostnames regardless if you use Blue Iris.

Reaction score
Read the instructions on the ddns setup page.
Partially reads:
This service is useful for people who don’t have a dedicated IP address or to help manage multiple cameras, NVR’s / DVR’s, networks, etc. Blue Iris Tools provides automated DDNS updates and can be used to update your DDNS hostnames regardless if you use Blue Iris.
Well, yeah, I saw that, and I went there -- I clicked on the DDNS Updater & IP Management but it linked me to my "dashboard" page where I could update my IP manually, so I did that.

Maybe I'm missing something?? Is there an app/program I can put on the computer that runs my CCTV cams to tell the DNS that my IP changed? Like the other DDNS's that I've used?

If you know? TIA!

:idk:

Reaction score
As I posted above, Install the program I already linked to above "Blue Iris Tools" on your camera computer.
then configure that section of the program.

The "Blue Iris Tools" link in post #2 brings me to a thread where the program is introduced and described but i can't, for the life of me, find a link to the download on that page.

Sorry for being a PITA and I understand if you're done with me, thanks anyway for trying.