IPCT DDNS Question

aerospace1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all, I think the answer is no but I'll ask anyway. I was looking at using the IPCT DDNS setting it up on my FiOS Actiontec router which has an Asus router behind I want to use for Openvpn access. Only problem is I'm restricted on which provider to choose - dyndns.org, no-ip.com, changeip.com, tzo.com, ods.org, easydns.com or zoneedit.com. I think I'm out of luck using IPCT DDNS because of this. There is no option to add a provider, looks pretty restrictive.
Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello all, I think the answer is no but I'll ask anyway. I was looking at using the IPCT DDNS setting it up on my FiOS Actiontec router which has an Asus router behind I want to use for Openvpn access. Only problem is I'm restricted on which provider to choose - dyndns.org, no-ip.com, changeip.com, tzo.com, ods.org, easydns.com or zoneedit.com. I think I'm out of luck using IPCT DDNS because of this. There is no option to add a provider, looks pretty restrictive.
Thanks
Is this no help? ==>> Integrating IPCT DDNS with Asus Routers

aerospace1

n3wb
Reaction score
TonyR, I think I need to install on the Actiontec router since it's the internet facing router not the Asus ?? could be wrong.

Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
TonyR, I think I need to install on the Actiontec router since it's the internet facing router not the Asus ?? could be wrong.

Thanks
Can you put the FiOS ActionTec in bridge mode (Internet access only) and use the Asus for routing and OpenVPN?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks
If you are using a pc based vms or have an always on pc, you can run blue iris tools that will update your ip for ipct ddns

aerospace1

n3wb
Reaction score
TonyR, from what I understand the REV I AT can't be put in bridge mode, wish it could.
Fenderman, nothing yet on what I'm going to use just starting to test some things out now like VPN access, DDNS etc.
Thanks

Reaction score
I have a Frontier supplied Arris NVG468MQ router (it is my only router) and a new Dahua NVR, and have the same question.

I can use either device I suppose for the DDNS, but neither seems to be a perfect fit... any hints on configuring for ipctddns?

Here is the dahua(I don't think it will work):

1607171519082.png
and here is the Arris router setup I tried(username changed for screenshot:
1607171145224.png