IPCT DDNS tool down?

Reaction score
Is the IPCT DDNS tool down? I have Blue Iris Tools installed and configured to use the DDNS IP Updater, and it's current with the IP address, but the IPCT DDNS tool on this site isn't picking up the IP address. Trying to update the IP address manually gives me an error:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
A server error occurred. Please try again later.

The IP address it currently has is from Saturday.... :-(

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the report. I am not experiencing any issues. Can you please try to restart Blue Iris tools? Perhaps the tool didnt update.

Reaction score
Thanks for the note Mike. I restarted Blue Iris Tools and gave it a few minutes to refresh. The web site still shows an old IP address and gives me an error when I try to update it manually. Can you think of anything else to try?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the note Mike. I restarted Blue Iris Tools and gave it a few minutes to refresh. The web site still shows an old IP address and gives me an error when I try to update it manually. Can you think of anything else to try?
Shoot me a private message, let me remote into your computer and check it out for you.

Reaction score
THanks for the offer to help this afternoon. I was able to connect to the remote cameras for a short while after restarting BIT, but the connection is down again. I restarted BIT again but that hasn't helped so far.

The web site still shows the IP address from Saturday under "Your DDNS Hostnames". Is that expected? The top section of that page where I can add another domain shows the current IP address.

Reaction score
@Mike what else could be causing the ipctddns.com address to fail? It's been down since Monday. Is this a bigger issue than just me?

I can look up the IP address of the remote system and access Blue Iris using the IP address. The DDNS page (IP Cam Talk DDNS) still has information from Saturday even though it worked briefly on Monday. I've restarted BIT and I've restarted the server, but nothing has helped. I just tried pinging my ipctddns address and it points to the old IP address in the DDNS page from Saturday! Ugh.

Any other ideas on what to try before I start researching other options?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Shoot me a PM, I'll remote into your pc. I bet there's a wrong setting.