IPCT Varifocal install problems

ceb5

n3wb
Reaction score
I bought one of the IP Cam Talk 4 MP IR Varifocal Bullet Network Camera, IPCT-HFW5231RE-IZS and installed on a LTN8816 NVR from LTS. Great camera with very clear and bright picture. The only problem I am having is the NVR does not recognize this is a PTZ camera and will not let me use the zoom and focus features. I can log into the camera on a web GUi and it works with no problems, just not able to use these features on the NVR. Anybody got any ideas?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I bought one of the IP Cam Talk 4 MP IR Varifocal Bullet Network Camera, IPCT-HFW5231RE-IZS and installed on a LTN8816 NVR from LTS. Great camera with very clear and bright picture. The only problem I am having is the NVR does not recognize this is a PTZ camera and will not let me use the zoom and focus features. I can log into the camera on a web GUi and it works with no problems, just not able to use these features on the NVR. Anybody got any ideas?
That's likely because it is not a PTZ camera. Via the camera's webGUI, you operate the camera's varifocal feature to set the focal length and leave it at the setting that suits you. You certainly can change it again but it's not meant to be used frequently as you would a purpose-built PTZ camera.