IPG-7920PSS-AI/FD/T6 camera audio feed config

grottoguy

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello all.
I have a camera that's giving pretty full onvif data including audio settings, but so far I get only static.
Any suggestions?
(Below is the onvif data from onvif device manager, as well as what BlueIris pulled with its own Onvif discovery. The only variable I saw was the a-law vs g-law for the g711 64 bit rate encoding... But selecting either of those seems to make no difference...)

1648988604658.png

1648988674713.png

Abbasi87

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey man,

I have bought the same camera and am on the same boat as you now regarding the audio. Just hearing static and cant seem to figure out why the audio doesnt work. Did you manage to find out any info regardng this or fix the audio ? The software on this camera is also a headache at the moment just trying to figure out the details.

Thanks

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Does the camera have a built-in mic or does it need n external mic? No audio usually means no mic from what I've seen.

Abbasi87

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your response.
I can see it has mic in the setting page but cant seem to hear any audio just a static noise when I open sound. Attached is a screenshot of the settings page.

Attachments

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
That's for a source for audio and does not indicate it has a built-in microphone. Can you supply a link to that camera, preferably to the manufacturers web site? I tried a search and got nothing useable.

Another question for you, does the camera, b chance, have a pigtail of wires and one of them is marked as "in" or "mic"?

Last edited:

Abbasi87

n3wb
Reaction score
I couldnt find the link to the cameras manufacturer the software shows the version IPG-7920PSS-AI/FD/T6.
No this one just has two wires coming out the POE data port and the power port. The installation document that came with the box says this one has audio.