IPS EO1312W - Not getting IP from router

birger100

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey

I've just got a used IPS EO1312W but I can't seem to get it to connect to my router.
When I connect the device do not seem to get a IP from the routere.
There is light in the Ethernet port and the infrared lights on in the dark, so the cam seem to be OK.

I'm thinking it might be because the cam is trying to get a static IP that is not in my routers range.
Any ideas on how to fix this.. is there a way to do a "hard reset"?

Regards
Birger

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
The camera information claims it is ONVIF compatible.
The Windows open-source tool 'ONVIF Device Manager' on sourceforge.net should be able to query the camera and let you see the network settings, and a whole lot of other info.
Knowing the settings should then allow you to connect to the device, where you can try to guess the password so you can re-configure as needed.
I didn't manage to find a user manual with a Google search.

birger100

n3wb
Reaction score
I've tried the ONVIF device manager but it don't see the camera.. but if the cam newer gets an IP from the router that manager will properly not be able to help.
I'ved tried google to find a way to reset the Device to factory settings, but I can't find anything usefull.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
ONVIF Device Manager discovers devices on the network by using a broadcast and evaluating the responses.
The IPS website doesn't have much useful information, nothing on the EO1312, something on the EO1314
http://www.ipscam.com/content/?449.html
On that page is a download link to an IPC search tool - but install that at your own risk, and be sure your anti-virus is active.
If you are very luck - it may at least find the camera.

FAQs have:
Network camera factory default IP address is: 192.168.1.128.
If you cannot find the camera IP address, it is possible for the following situations:
Search: search tool is by sending a broadcast packet search the LAN network camera, if the software running PC and network camera network connection between the presence of gateway ( such as routers ), gateway to the broadcast packets are filtered, the search tool to search to the camera.
If that's not in your LAN segment you might strike lucky if you change your PC IP address to one in that range.

birger100

n3wb
Reaction score
The seach tool found the camera.. it had strange IP - 192.168.5.128 witch is not in my lan segment.
I configured an old router to use match the IP and i was able to acces the router. After i got acces to the cam is was easy to change the network settings, so the cam got an "normal" IP.

Thanks for the help and input.

Regards
Birger

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent! Well done.
ONVIF Device Manager should now show you lots about the camera, some of which you may need if you're configuring it in to an NVR, for example the 'ONVIF port'.