IPVM Free All Access Today and Tomorrow - Tests I think IPCamTalk Members Would Be Interested In

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
As an IPVM member I find it a great resource.
Just wish you used the Dahua international cameras most of us use in testing and less domes more often.

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks!
wish you used the Dahua international cameras most of us
That's a tricky one. If we use the international one, Dahua USA can argue we bought a grey, unauthorized product that does not reflect their quality. This is the same issue we have with Hikvision though Hikvision tends to use the same model numbers across the world whereas Dahua makes it more confusing with different model numbers and often brand names.

I don't have a solution to it. We use the USA ones because we are based in the USA and we view it as the best way to minimize excuses.

Not to get off on a rant, but a lot of the times we test Hikua products, they come back saying the production firmware we have is bad and that upcoming firmware will magically fix things. Sigh...

Judman

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow the Camect testing was really interesting to me and I might give it a shot over BlueIris!

Thanks for the short access period!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks!

That's a tricky one. If we use the international one, Dahua USA can argue we bought a grey, unauthorized product that does not reflect their quality. This is the same issue we have with Hikvision though Hikvision tends to use the same model numbers across the world whereas Dahua makes it more confusing with different model numbers and often brand names.

I don't have a solution to it. We use the USA ones because we are based in the USA and we view it as the best way to minimize excuses.

Not to get off on a rant, but a lot of the times we test Hikua products, they come back saying the production firmware we have is bad and that upcoming firmware will magically fix things. Sigh...
I get it John and appreciate what you do. Just want to caution members here to check Dahua model numbers used in tests. Not always the best model they make for the category due to the limitations you cite.

Of course there IS more than Dahua out there:)

That said, my sincere thanks for your organization’s services

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
If it's ok for me to copy some of the info from a report, here are a couple of things I've suspected:

Minimum Illumination Specs Do Not Reflect Actual Performance
Pricing / Performance Unrelated

john-ipvm

Known around here
Reaction score
@tigerwillow1 Yes, sure. I would provide context that while price / performance are not generally related, often they are, in our testing, a lot of time Axis does best and is one of the most expensive. But sometimes, Hikvision does best and at much lower prices than Axis, Bosch, Panasonic, Pelco, etc.