IPVM Plan. Does this look good ?

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Please see attached. I am going for BEST Bang for the Buck and low light performance.

The silver car was broken into. It is a new 2019. The rest are old cars.

There are 2 doors. Front and left side on the picture. So my idea is:

- 3.6mm 5442 watches the cars

- 6mm 5442 watches the front door and also gets the driveway/cars

- Cheaper 3.6mm 2341 watches side door / work van and in front of garage (not as critical here as the new car)

Might also add a 2341 later in the backyard for fun (to watch potential animals going for garden) but nothing important there so no cam there for now.

Suggestions?

Cameras will be mounted under eaves. Very high up like 10 feet. I might put a 2341 below corner 5442 to get head level view also.

Attachments

Tekbotslaya

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks pretty good. Are you getting good PPF in all the areas that you need it? 10 feet is pretty high for recognizing faces. Make sure you do some testing before final installation. Dropping them to 8 feet or lower is ideal. Do you have decent lighting near the 2341?

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Looks pretty good. Are you getting good PPF in all the areas that you need it? 10 feet is pretty high for recognizing faces. Make sure you do some testing before final installation. Dropping them to 8 feet or lower is ideal. Do you have decent lighting near the 2341?
100w equivalent LED porch lights on both doors. Will install motion led floods on corner. Yeah I think I'll mount lower.

Actually I ordered 1x 5442 with 3x 2431 all 3.6mm. Also 4x 130 Junction boxes and a pole mount. They didn't have zoom or 6mm in stock like i wanted but with this many cameras i should have multiple angles at least.

Tekbotslaya

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
IPC-T2231T-ZS is a 2MP verifocal worth checking out. It's good to have one verifocal on hand to use in real world testing to determine optimal focal lengths for future cameras.

Warptrooper

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
IPC-T2231T-ZS is a 2MP verifocal worth checking out. It's good to have one verifocal on hand to use in real world testing to determine optimal focal lengths for future cameras.
I thought about it but couldn't get a 4MP varifocal at a good price. Too late now already ordered the cams!