IR Illuminator for 120V bulb?

davej

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does anyone offer an IR replacement for an ordinary 120V bulb socket? That might be the easiest way for me to get some exterior illuminaton and keep the moths and spiders off of my cameras.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I knew someone had posted this info not too long ago and finally located it. From @handinpalm ==>> 120 VAC 850nm IR Light, E27 Socket

It may get lost between the images so it bears repeating what he stated: "....I have only found these from an EBay seller in NY. He has both 940nm and 850nm, so make sure you get the 850nm, if you get them.

EDIT: I found that eBay vendor's most recent listing and yes, they're pricey but amazingly the price is the same as it was in Nov. of '21.==>> LED3x3 Watt 850nm IR Infrared illuminator Spot-light E27 bulb for CCTV Cameras

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Attachments

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh, I would agree and 12VDC versions is all I have and all that I've installed, but the OP was interested in a IR lamp that would operate in a 120VAC lamp socket.
I realize that, It's my misreading. @sebastiantombs mentions 3 watts, and that's what stuck in my head. 3 Watts won't do much, me thinks, but then I re-read it just now, and the bulb is 3x3Watts, IE 9watts total. :banghead: As always, YMMV.

davej

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions. I will look into these various options.