Ir lights on but camera stays set for color=Almost black image

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi,

i bought the camera from Security Camera King ,one of their 2 megapixel TP cameras they no longer carry.
it uses ONVIF Protocol. Anyway,the camera functions fine during the day but at night, the ir lights come on, but it seems like in is in day mode. It is almost pitch black. Maybe the cut filter is not moving. I can't tell. Has anyone come across a similar issue with a camera? If so what did you do? (Probably brick the camera:)

thanks,
Tubac

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I've heard of giving the camera whack and of moving a strong magnet around the base of the lens. This only after attempting to fix the night mode in the camera's web interface by tweaking settings of course.

When did the problem start? Will they replace it or are you on your own with this?

tubac

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, thanks.
the problem started today. i was in the Net Video browser trying to adjust the really dark night image, but no matter what i did-the image brightness would not change. (I waited until dark to try) i really don't know if i'm on my own or not. But i think I've had the camera nearly a year.