IR Switching

bertsirkin

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a Hikvision camera with IR. Initially, the IR would switch on at night and shut off during the day, as expected. But, playing with Blue Iris, I clicked on the light-bulb (IR Lights) at the bottom-right of the screen. This turned on the IR lights during the day. I then clicked it again to shut it off.

Not sure if it was related, but now, the IR lights won't turn on automatically during the night. And if I turn them on by clicking the light bulb, they don't turn off during the day.

Is there a way to get the IR to switch on and off automatically in Blue Iris?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have a Hikvision camera with IR. Initially, the IR would switch on at night and shut off during the day, as expected. But, playing with Blue Iris, I clicked on the light-bulb (IR Lights) at the bottom-right of the screen. This turned on the IR lights during the day. I then clicked it again to shut it off.

Not sure if it was related, but now, the IR lights won't turn on automatically during the night. And if I turn them on by clicking the light bulb, they don't turn off during the day.

Is there a way to get the IR to switch on and off automatically in Blue Iris?
This is happening because you put the camera into day/night mode vs auto..long press the ir light button until an A appears in green to set it to auto...
You can also log into the camera to set it to auto.