Iris Switch Times stat

jpmomo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I just recently purchased a new dahua ptz camera (sd8a840vi-hni) and had a question about the following counter:
upload_2019-3-9_14-47-42.png

It seems to be incrementing a lot and I am not sure if that is normal. Is anyone familiar with this stat and have any suggestions on how to interpret?
Thanks for any help,
jp

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
@jpmomo let me be the first to say that is one nice cam. Hope you can post some vids from this at some point, night and day. Let me check my SD6CE225U-HNI stats and see what mine show. I have it running multiple tours so should be a good indication of a valid number.

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Well upon checking my stats only show Total Working Time, Upgrade Times & Last Upgrade Date. May be a limitation of my PTZ but will see what else I can find on it

jpmomo

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks for taking a look. I updated the firmware to the latest and there seems to be a few new options. the docs don't mention that stat (and a lot of others!) I am new to the dahua cams but am going through the features one by one. I don't have it mounted yet and this thing is a beast. With the arm mount it will be appox. 20lbs. I want to get it configured and tested before I mount as it will be up pretty high and will need to be mounted securely due to its weight and the fact that it is a ptz. I also have the blue iris sw and will try and use that eventually. I am having a tough time getting the standard sw that is built into the cam to recognize my ftp servers and even getting the email to work properly. Both of those seem to work with the blue iris without too much work. I am not sure why the standard sw doesn't seem to communicate with any of the network services other than the web browser access. I am sure I will get through these issues especially with the folks on this forum!
Thanks again,
jp

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes mine is about the same weight and when I put it up 20’ it was a task for sure :) what version of FW are you running on yours ? The FTP can be a pain unless strictly running SFTP. I have mine recording part to NVR and other snapshots to NAS. Was a bit of a pain for the NAS piece as doesn’t give you the granularity I would prefer with regards to how I want it pointed to the NAS but does work.

jpmomo

n3wb
Reaction score
I can try with sftp. blue iris seemed to work without issue but I am not sure what features I might be missing if going that route. I am hoping to use the dahua sw to configure the settings on the camera but use blue iris for the recording, playback and alerts. I haven't dived into blue iris yet either but will do after I get some of these basic issues sorted. See below for sw versions:

upload_2019-3-9_16-30-14.png

Wildcat_1

Known around here
Reaction score
You won’t go wrong with Blue Iris either. Either way, configure the cam in the web GUI first, best option to start and then have Blue Iris pickup the stream (looks like you already have the rtsp stream configured) for the record. Also consider whether you want a micro admin it for local storage as well