Is automatic login possible for the Console?

JWise1203

n3wb
Reaction score
I am trying to create a standard Windows user for displaying cameras on a security computer monitor. I have the account set to log into Windows automatically. I also have set Blue Iris to not require Administrator privileges. I have the Blue Iris console in the Startup folder.

My problem is, the Blue Iris User login prompt. Since this machine is meant to be unmanned, I need a way for the console to launch without a login prompt. Is there a way to configure Blue Iris to login automatically when launching a non-admin? Command arguments or something?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am trying to create a standard Windows user for displaying cameras on a security computer monitor. I have the account set to log into Windows automatically. I also have set Blue Iris to not require Administrator privileges. I have the Blue Iris console in the Startup folder.

My problem is, the Blue Iris User login prompt. Since this machine is meant to be unmanned, I need a way for the console to launch without a login prompt. Is there a way to configure Blue Iris to login automatically when launching a non-admin? Command arguments or something?
setup as windows admin user.

JWise1203

n3wb
Reaction score
Is setting up as an admin user my only option? I would prefer to run as a standard user for security purposes.

JWise1203

n3wb
Reaction score
I have made the user account an Admin, I still get a login prompt using the non-admin EXE. I am assuming this is expected behavior.

Running using the Admin EXE, I am getting a UAC prompt. Any way around this, other than disabling UAC itself?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have made the user account an Admin, I still get a login prompt using the non-admin EXE. I am assuming this is expected behavior.

Running using the Admin EXE, I am getting a UAC prompt. Any way around this, other than disabling UAC itself?
yes, use admin exe..yes see threads explaining how to create an elevated command prompt