Is DS-7616NI-I2 good recorder ?

Matta

n3wb
Reaction score
Greetings !

I'm setting up new surveillance and, at the moment, I'll be running 5x DS-2CD2T55FWD-I5 and 1x DS-2CD2742FWD-I cameras. In the future I'll be probably running 12-15 cameras all together (mostly these two models).
Seller first recommended DS-7616NI-K2 but now he's insisting that DS-7616NI-I2 is better choice ?
I'm wondering what you guys think. Is there even better choice in that price range and for my needs ?
Thanks !

aster1x

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have written confirmation from HIK support that the NI-I series of NVRs are of higher specifications and more powerful than the NI-K series NVRs.
I run the 7616NI-I2/16P with 13 cameras 2CD2335 and 1 2CD2342 at full quality settings recording continuously all the cameras with two hard disks 1x4TB and 1x1TB both WD purple models with the 1TB disk in redundancy mode and everything is running OK except from some sporadic non systematic hickups, like the web gui of the NVR not being accessible sometimes, although the rest of the system is recording properly all cameras. In this very strange problem the only solution is to power cycle the NVR in order to reboot.