Is DS-7732NXI-I4/4S a good DVR choice?

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with the Hikvision DS-7700NXI-I/S Series DS-7732NXI-I4/4S DVR?

I see that there is a good offer on this model that makes it cheaper than other hikvision DVR's. Any reasons to not buy? Is it a good model?

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That model is an Acusense which has a basic AI on it to detect human and vehicles to lessen false alarms. Since it is the "77" series then it will have four SATA ports instead of two SATA with the "76" series. The AI can be used with four regular cameras. If you want AI on cameras after the fourth then you would need to get a camera that has AI built in. All in all it is a decent unit. The only downside I can see is that there has not been any firmware updates for this unit. Model without the AI has firmware up to 4.40.010 where as these models with AI (Acusense) is only at 4.1.15. Hopefully it is because there are no issues with it but I know any model starting with GUI 4.0 has the file system/video bug that didn't get fixed until firmware 4.22.005.

lewic

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
There shouldn't be a difference between the two as far as noise level. Both 76 and 77 will be same.

DS-7616NI-I2 is the model that is the most popular when it comes to Hikvision NVR's in the USA. I haven't seen any issues on this series. (76-"I" Series) It has a good combination as far as processing speed and features.