Is it possible to add VTO to NVR

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a 1 x DHI-VTO2202F-P and 2 x VTHs.

I also have a Dahua NVR with 5 x IP Cameras.

Is it possible to add the VTO to the NVR, so it is effectively another camera?

I switched over from a Ring system (Doorbell and security cameras) and have been pretty underwhelmed by the UX to date (I understand the cloud vs. non-cloud security benefits)....... I'm thinking this is one way that could help (if it's at all possible).

Regards

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes you can add it to the NVR, you can search with the Add Camera and select it that way.
You can also set up video detection under the alarm section but It does not seem to stay locked into the VTO longer than a day or so.

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I managed to add the VTO onto the NVR.

The problem now is, the VTHs will not connect to the VTO (disconnected VTO icon top right corner).

Will they only work if the VTO is not connected to an NVR?

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
If the NVR changed the VTO's IP address from what it was from when you set it up.. then the VTH will not work.
Depending how you added the VTO to the NVR.

You can look on the NVR to see what the IP address is ..

Is this a PoE nvr?

Last edited:
Reaction score
If the NVR changed the VTO's IP address from what it was from when you set it up.. then the VTH will not work.
Depending how you added the VTO to the NVR.

You can look on the NVR to see what the IP address is ..

Is this a PoE nvr?
Thanks for the quick reply.

I can confirm the NVR did not change the IP address of the VTO. The VTO is wired into the same switch that the NVR is wired into.

I can access the VTO web interface and can still see it via DMSS via both P2P and via the NVR.

Strangely, when I press the door bell I get the "This user is unavailable" message.

DMSS doesn't ring and VTHs are offline.

I have a sneaky suspicion that it has to do with the SIP server settings on the VTO that I changed probably on the same day.

I noticed the IP it had listed in the SIP settings (via VTO web interface) listed an IP different to the VTO (in fact an IP that doesn't exist on my network).

I changed it to the VTO IP address... Still tinkering with it now to see if that indeed is it and how I can bring this back to life

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you see what firmware is on the VTO and VTH? You can use the Dahua config tool.

After much trouble connecting the VTO with the VTH the FW update resolved this.

Pseudoreal

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
just to confirm - my VTO4202 was still accessible by the VTHs even after I had added the VTO to the NVR via Onvif.