Is it possible to build your own HikVision Indoor Station

kontact00

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I've just installed a KB8112 Villa Door Station with the Door strike, which I have connected to me Synology Surveillance Station for video capture. I'm wanting to avoid using Hik-Connect for security considerations, and so rather than buying a Tablet from HikVision with the Indoor Station installed, I'm wondering if anyone has built there own Indoor Stationusing firmware and a Android tablet or other.

Thanks

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any tablet can serve as an indoor station via Hik-Connect.

kontact00

n3wb
Reaction score
But Hik-Connect requires registering on the Hik-Connect.com which effectively means unless its connected to the internet, no notification will be made.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You can use Hik-Connect on a LAN as a 'visitor' without registering which would enable you to see all your live feeds - and maybe receive intercom notifications and access the buttons to open/close doors/gates and talk to visitors. You would need to be within wi-fi range of the door station, obviously.

kontact00

n3wb
Reaction score
I did try that, and I can see the Camera but when pressing the call button on the Door Station nothing occured on the App, or iVMS4200 that I'm running on Windows.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
How did you enable the door station feed? I think you need to do it using the QR code option. You also need to enable push notifications on the door station and maybe share the door station to the tablet. It's fiddly. You should end up with two door station feeds - one with the access controls visible [padlock icon and microphone icon] and the other which is just a passive live feed - but with the option to switch to HD, which the access control feed doesn't have.

kontact00

n3wb
Reaction score
I added the Door station manually using IP Address. On the router I've set the IP for that device. I'm going to have to pull it off the wall and find the Verification code. MY iphone cant read the QR Code as its so small. I'll have another play. Thanks for that

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It might also be on the box label. If you had [or could borrow] an indoor station, you can also find it on that screen under settings.

kontact00

n3wb
Reaction score
Ive pulled it off the wall and have found the Serial and Code and changed Hik-Connect to guest mode. I've managed to get the Intercomm working. The Electric strike isnt working though. The App says its opening and the Door station makes a sound, but the latch doesnt release. The wiring diagrams are not clear on how you are supposed to stick the wire into those tiny holes and expect it to stay.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You don't hang about. Sounds like progress though. Unfortunately wiring is above my pay grade - hence if there's a choice between wires and POE I take the latter route.

kontact00

n3wb
Reaction score
All the images of the actual devices have screws for holding the wire in place. No photos show the KB8112 which doesnt have screws for tightening. It looks like you just have to jam them in and hope for the best. Need to dig up a multimeter now to see whether its getting any current. The fun continues....

Gogi41

n3wb
Reaction score
Which app did you use on your tablet, I suppose it was the iVMS-4500 or is there a particular Hik-Connect App? I have only found the Hik-ProConnect - for Installer app within the Android App-Store and therefor I am asking.
Thank you in advance for your support!