Is it possible to capture package and unlock doors remotely with python code?

Reaction score
Hello, I am working on a project for face unlocking doors.
We have hikvision camera, indoor module and keypad.
Is it possible to capture a package with wireshark and then send unlock door code via python, or perhaps some other way?
I just need to send the same 'signal' to door module as if correct CODE has been entered on keypad or the same 'signal' as if I pressed unlock doors on indoor module.
I just need general direction if anyone knows anything about this or has done something similar.
Thank you so much!

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
No experience with Hik, but I know that some people around here created a shell interface which queries the "log files" on the VTO to see if there has been a call/code entry, and based on the resultset, that script performs home automation stuff. So have a look at the REST API's exposed by your camera, and I suggest you work from there. Only disadvantage of working this way, is that you are running "behind" the facts: if your scripts polls every 10 seconds, you might get the "pin code correct" (worst case scenario) 9 seconds later. Performing the wireshark way is faster, but that requires deep packet inspection, and possibly de-cyphering encrypted (push?) notification messages.

Reaction score
No experience with Hik, but I know that some people around here created a shell interface which queries the "log files" on the VTO to see if there has been a call/code entry, and based on the resultset, that script performs home automation stuff. So have a look at the REST API's exposed by your camera, and I suggest you work from there. Only disadvantage of working this way, is that you are running "behind" the facts: if your scripts polls every 10 seconds, you might get the "pin code correct" (worst case scenario) 9 seconds later. Performing the wireshark way is faster, but that requires deep packet inspection, and possibly de-cyphering encrypted (push?) notification messages.
Thank you very much, I'll look into that :)

psycik

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’d probably look if your lick is supported by the hone automation software, ie home assistant or openHAB. Then call the unlock from there, rather than interface with your lock directly,