Is IVS tied to the grid based motion dection function?

bobross

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry if this is the wrong place to post, this forum seems to mostly have brand specific sections.

I'm on a Lorex system and I have the "basic" colored zones where you can draw a grid and set the sensitivity. I just got two new cameras that are IVS capable. They seem to detect PEDs much better and accurately. With the grid system, I get a ton of false positives no matter the settings. If I make the settings less sensitive, I get nothing.

My question is, doe the IVS detections work just by themselves with the grid detection off? Or are they tied together somehow?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
IVS is separate - in fact turn off MD or SMD in the camera and use IVS trip or intrusion.

bobross

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hmm, I have a camera pointed in a high traffic area and since I've disabled MD (kept IVS on) my app is reporting back "No Record". So, I suspect my camera has IVS capabilities, but my NR900X does not have it. Even though it is showing the activate IVS zones on my main HDMI monitor...?

Or, the mobile app only has an MD playback and not a separate IVS playback, so it's there I just can't view it.

Ugh.