Is my Dahua NVR broken??

Reaction score
Generally, you should remove power from the device, then press and hold the button. While holding the button down, apply power to the device. Continue holding the button down for 15 to 30 seconds, then release. Generally, this will reset the device to factory defaults.

If that is unsuccessful, then take a paper clip and untwist it, and bend it into a 'U' shape. With the power removed, insert it into the holes at J10 and then apply power. After 15 to 30 seconds, remove power, remove the paper clip, and re-apply power.

One of those two should do it, if not, can you attach a USB keyboard and interrupt the BIOS/CFE/bootloader? I'm not even certain if that's possible with these NVR units.

mordak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Generally, you should remove power from the device, then press and hold the button. While holding the button down, apply power to the device. Continue holding the button down for 15 to 30 seconds, then release. Generally, this will reset the device to factory defaults.

If that is unsuccessful, then take a paper clip and untwist it, and bend it into a 'U' shape. With the power removed, insert it into the holes at J10 and then apply power. After 15 to 30 seconds, remove power, remove the paper clip, and re-apply power.

One of those two should do it, if not, can you attach a USB keyboard and interrupt the BIOS/CFE/bootloader? I'm not even certain if that's possible with these NVR units.
Ok just tried all that. Still only boots up to the screen pictured in post #1. :( I guess it's warranty time?

smartech

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there, I recently having the same issue with my NVR. What was the outcome of your NVR? Warranty replacement?

mordak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi there, I recently having the same issue with my NVR. What was the outcome of your NVR? Warranty replacement?
Yes warranty replacement, and its working now. It did take about 30-40 days to receive it back. I shipped it with the power supply, and it was returned to me without a power supply. So it took an extra 30 days to get a power supply back then.