Is Sentry for me?

Ray Flores

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hello all! I’m a very busy traveling businessman. I’ve been using Blue Iris since it began & love the product. All my ip cameras are outdoors. I believe it was fenderman who steered me towards using the old X-10 MS16A wireless IR motion sensors. Worked flawlessly until Win10 & BI5 came along. Still back then I was getting a lot of false alerts, especially in bright sunshine. Briefly viewing the introductory YouTube Sentry video & the analytics behind the software, would be a great partner for BI5.

I’ll hold off on purchasing the SeaLevel USB interface that I had planned to get along with a highly-priced DSC IR-microwave sensor until I get current users take on Sentry as to whether it would be good for my system:

Lenovo TinyPC93
Win10 64bit
Blue Iris 5.0
2 x ACTI D32 bullet ip cameras
1 x Dahua SD52C225U-HNI PTZ

Thanks in advance to those who reply!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hello all! ............................

users take on Sentry as to whether it would be good for my system: .............
I can't speak to your system but, on my system on most days it has eliminated 100% of false alerts. I am often gone for several days at a time traveling. Once in a while one will sneak through. I did spend a lot of time fine tuning alerts prior to Sentry which I think helps but would still get a few false alerts anytime of day or night.

f13dfx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I can't speak to your system but, on my system on most days it has eliminated 100% of false alerts. I am often gone for several days at a time traveling. Once in a while one will sneak through. I did spend a lot of time fine tuning alerts prior to Sentry which I think helps but would still get a few false alerts anytime of day or night.
Do you have a PTZ camera in your system? Was wondering if this improves Auto-Tracking.