Is there a good off grid solution ? Any affordable and good camera 4G simcard with solar panel ?

Reaction score
I had a NVR Hikvision and some poe cameras installed on my house in the contry side. Everything was working fine with a Simcard modem and routter to but last week after a summer storm the house stayed four days without eletricity
( I live in Brazil ) and thiefs entered at my propertty and took everything, the cameras, NVR, and lots of stuff inside the house.

I am trying to figured it out, but I think I need something simple.

Well, now I am looking to an alternative solution, I think it is better go off grid, the property have 20k hectares but I only need a few cameras. I think 3 cameras with SOLAR PANEL 4G simcard is enougth.

I hope this is the rigth place to post this. Or is there a thread about 4G with solar panel? I tried the search with no luck.

Thanks,
Jose Carlos.

steve1225

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Reaction score
Sorry take too long to reply, I am still looking at all options.

I am think Dahua and Hikvision have good options. Sometimes I think to go with Reolink cheaper and easy to buy at alliexpress, but I know the issues with this brand.

I don't wan't NVR anymore, due the energy restritions and eventually all system will be without power.

Is there a global vendor ? I can't see any Dahua or Hikvision with those 4G solar panel to buy them in Brazil.

Thanks,
Jose Carlos

Reaction score
So, about that "good off-grid solution" you're after—I'm all about that 4G + solar panel combo. It's like, your cam's running on sunshine and data, how cool is that?

Now, let's break it down. For an affordable setup, I'd scout for cameras that play nice with 4G SIM cards—gotta stay connected, right? Pair that with a sturdy solar panel to keep things juiced up