Is there a problem buying End of Life Dahua PoE Camera?

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
I just came across a list of EOL Dahua camera models from here, Pro Series

It seems some stores (within the US) still carry these models in stock, but how is the after-sales support (warranty-wise). For EOL products are there limitations? Is it worth considering these products?

I wouldn't mind purchasing Dahua within the states from an authorized re-seller if the price is attractive.

I noticed some of these discontinued products overlap with "current" international products. Its odd as how the US-models did not receive the same level of praise.

None of the US-models mention Starlight, although some of the models mentioned in the above link contain IR LED's that reach up to 165' feet.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What make the Starlights good in low-light is the type of image sensor inside, not the IR light.

The Sony STARVIS sensor they use is a back-illuminated sensor, which helps with low-light. Plus, each pixel is physically bigger, which allows more light to be captured, which also helps with low-light.

Putting a brighter IR light on a camera that's not using a Sony STARVIS image sensor won't result in low-light images that look as good.

If Dahua is like Hikivision, then they're pushing for all after-sales support to come from the "authorized installer" that sold you the camera, which means you'll have to figure out how well the specific company that sold you the camera will support you.

Regarding US-models not receiving the same level of praise, I don't think you'll find very many people here that find any value in paying extra for a US model.