Is there a reason these are so cheap?

Dayton

n3wb
Reaction score

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Wow 120bucks for a logo ?
I would be asking myself $388x20= 7760 payed for an unknown quality (dahua)
Or $10k for a known quality dahua ptz if your prepared to gamble $2240 bucks for an unknown
I personally would get one test the living day lights out of it then make that decision I did this with a hikvision ptz from China it worked out amazing so I bought 5 more payed 500 each here in Australia 1200 but I would not update the firm ware on them even though that say they can I would ask the seller for a file
Andy from empire candy sells at good deals you have to find good sellers of this gear or you could end up burnt

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Buying direct from China is always much cheaper than you'll find local.

I can't attest to that particular model as far as quality, but I have bought from cctv-mall numerous times and always got authentic Dahua cameras, of which that is.

Dayton

n3wb
Reaction score
All great points, thank you! I think the only negative of buying in spurts like that is the time it takes to get here (up to 20 days) and shipping costs could put me out a lot of money/time. Risk either way I guess!

Wow 120bucks for a logo ?
I did this with a hikvision ptz from China it worked out amazing so I bought 5 more
Can you link me to what you bought?

Andy from empire candy sells at good deals you have to find good sellers of this gear or you could end up burnt
Who is Andy? Where can I buy from him?

Dayton

n3wb
Reaction score
Buying direct from China is always much cheaper than you'll find local.

I can't attest to that particular model as far as quality, but I have bought from cctv-mall numerous times and always got authentic Dahua cameras, of which that is.
Thanks for the insight!

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
@empircandy he is on this forum his name is Andy sells good quality ip cameras search empire his name will come up in the forum you could email him for a quantity and price

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Andy is @EMPIRETECANDY on the forum here. He runs a store on AliExpress that sells unbranded Dahuas. He’s been very active on the forum here since late last year when the Dahua varifocal Starlight turret. He also ships DHL, so as long as he’s got the camera in stock, it’s usually received quickly. Other Ali stores usually ship via ePacket. It’s cheaper for them, but but it can take much much longer to receive the product. He usually has a one-year warranty on his stuff, and you can use the forum here for any technical questions you have. The few times a technical question has come up that the forum couldn’t help (i.e. firmware bugs), Andy worked directly with Dahua to help get them resolved.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

jaycanter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I bought this camera from Andy and i just added to cart and got shipping quote total ended up $20.00 less than Andy. not sure how long it would take from cctvmall but had it in 4 days from Andy.